Hillary Just a Thought.

HeavyDuty

5 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

So this petition is supposed to negate 120+ million voters and the constitution? wtf?

I'm not sure what the end game is for this except to stir up trouble.  If things are going to get nasty let's get it on now before I get too old to participate.  For what it's worth I wasn't an Obama fan by a long shot but I accepted (twice) it  and moved on.  I just don't get it.

Edited by Wojo72
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

voter intimidation with a side of car burglary/theft + portrait vid - chicago

Not quite as good as a CCW but i carry a machete in my car. Within reach of the driver seat. 

Also, why aren't your doors locked. His window it up/not broken. So he got out of the car on purpose or his door was unlocked and they pulled him out. 

Edited by ludwb675

15 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Not quite as good as a CCW but i carry a machete in my car. Within reach of the driver seat. 

Also, why aren't your doors locked. His window it up/not broken. So he got out of the car on purpose or his door was unlocked and they pulled him out. 

they sideswiped him in their car and attacked when he got out to exchange information.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but if people want to get rid of the electoral college and go to a popular vote only, that map doesn't matter as much as they want you to think

1 vote for Repub or Dem = 1 vote for Repub or Dem no matter where you live.

What am I missing?

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Maybe I'm overlooking something but if people want to get rid of the electoral college and go to a popular vote only, that map doesn't matter as much as they want you to think

1 vote for Repub or Dem = 1 vote for Repub or Dem no matter where you live.

What am I missing?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I agree, electoral college is already population based the big difference is all or nothing (except ,maine).

Originally states had more of an identity and only 10-13 voting. Imagine just 2 states 100 people each

Your farming state votes 75/25 the other industrial state votes 10/90. Electoral college would tie, Popular would have your state's 25 voting the states loser as president.

Edited by motocat12
huh? edit to add missing " ' ". on edit it's already there

As for the electoral college being population based; One vote in Wyoming is equivalent to 3.6 votes in New York, 1 vote in Ohio is equivalent to 1.04 votes in Florida, etc, etc. It is a system that was thought up when information traveled on horseback. We could probably do better now by making a change. No, I'm not proposing a retroactive change. Those that are bitching about the protestors can't seriously think that there would be less protesting & violence if Trump would have been the one to win the popular vote but lose the election?

I just looked and the results still aren't official on the NY times site.  It seems crazy, but maybe the reason George Soros is spending money for all of the post election riots is to set the stage for stealing the election.  The results aren't official yet.

http://tapnewswire.com/2016/11/red-alert-they-are-still-trying-to-steal-the-election/

I would venture to guess that had Trump lost, he would have riled up his base by restating everything was rigged, mass voter fraud, etc, etc and things would have been just as bad if not worse. 

This push trying to invalidate the electoral college seems to happen every election cycle with whomever didn't win. "Maybe this time we can get the loophole that's never worked before to work!"  Nope.

I just hope people figure out there are two parties at play in these protests and the ones pushing violence are more than likely there for a paycheck rather than to simply voice their opinion.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jschaf said:

As for the electoral college being population based; One vote in Wyoming is equivalent to 3.6 votes in New York, 1 vote in Ohio is equivalent to 1.04 votes in Florida, etc, etc. It is a system that was thought up when information traveled on horseback. We could probably do better now by making a change. No, I'm not proposing a retroactive change. Those that are bitching about the protestors can't seriously think that there would be less protesting & violence if Trump would have been the one to win the popular vote but lose the election?

Why doesn't Soros establish all his hoodlums addresses in wyoming? Electoral college does redistribute after the census, and the cencus doesn't disqualify illegals/felons so sanctuary city states get extra they don't deserve.

14 hours ago, jschaf said:

It's a "states rights" issue. It exists so smaller (less densely populated) states would have a proportionally larger say in elections.  otherwise, Los Angeles county would have roughly the same voting power as the state of ohio. 

Not saying it's right or wrong,  just that it is working as intended. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/10/2016 at 11:54 AM, Tpoppa said:

Admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to the protests.  Can anyone tell me the point of them?  The election wasn't close, so I'm guessing hey aren't about demanding some kind of recount.

Is it just a matter of...we're pissed off because Hillary didn't win?

opinion: it's small groups of like-minded people who have mental or emotional problems

alternate opinion: it's organized groups, paid or volunteer, brought in mass on buses, organized by MoveOn.org, and ergo: George Soros... he who likes to overthrow governments, or at least try

• Upvote 2