Hillary Just a Thought.

HeavyDuty

1 minute ago, Tpoppa said:

Did anyone happen to notice the thick, thick irony of the Senate Democrats alleging a biased, partisan investigation?

They have strongly condemned Trump for previously suggesting such a thing was even possible.  CNN is completely steering clear of that conversation.  

For sure.  Didn't that start when they thought they had a sympathetic FBI with Comey, and they did, until they didn't, and then they did, and then they didn't?  The deeper irony is that Dems seem incapable of seeing that all power is corruptible, and that the more you concentrate into the hands of people you agree with today is power that can be used by people you disagree with tomorrow.  The Dem's inability to see this underlying truth stems from having only one level to pull anymore - that of greater administration, of regulation, of control.  Name me a *single* problem that the Dems don't want to solve with more control and I'll name you a libertarian who hasn't yet come out of the neo-liberal closet.  And it makes complete sense, doesn't it?  To admit that the problem isn't with who wields the sword, but how big a sword you give to Stateists, because that would negate the only thing the left has in their toolbelt... because of course, their game is to establish greater and greater concentration of power and to hold it using any means necessary, even if by smear, slur or violence.

• Upvote 1

Dunno, it's all been a circus. Nationally embarrassing. To me, it appeared it all played a game of maneuver, leading up to a grand "send it to the FBI again!". And it did appear that a different result was expected from the FBI. That failed, unexpectedly so. The FBI did not cooperate.

Lots of worthy quotes in the media and opinions. Go read them all. This one quote sort of sums it all up:

"Yes, both parties are now more united and energized. But one did so by enticing the recalcitrant back into the fold; the other, by warning them to join the revolution or be guillotined."

• Beer 1

I have to say I share Grassley's feelings about the media.

At some point is became acceptable for national media worry more about shaping public opinion rather than reporting facts.

There were many pro Kavanaugh demonstrations.  How much coverage did they get?

• Upvote 2

Well, they didn't bleed, so how could they lead?  Even leftist outrage mobs that are "problematic" with progressive narratives are more profitably reportable than a bunch of boring celebrations that don't end up with people clawing like zombies at wooden doors, or wearing vagina outfits, or smashing windows and setting cop cars on fire.  Republicans are so fucking boring.

7 hours ago, smccrory said:

Well, they didn't bleed, so how could they lead?  Even leftist outrage mobs that are "problematic" with progressive narratives are more profitably reportable than a bunch of boring celebrations that don't end up with people clawing like zombies at wooden doors, or wearing vagina outfits, or smashing windows and setting cop cars on fire.  Republicans are so fucking boring.

Not enough victim sob stories.

Anyway, where was Cohen when Kavanaugh needed him ?

• Beer 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...