Gap Hate Express group.

Tonik

We have ten bikes, we won't be adding any more unless someone drops.

THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED.

So it appears I am hauling a group down to the gap.  The group is currently full, pending the two tentative peeps.  If they drop I will have more room.

@Casper 

@cmh_sprint

@OsuMj

@marlboro man

@TimTheAzn 

@Blitz 

@Isaac's Papa

@Howabusa

@Cdubyah (Horararyarary Member) 

Current plan, subject to adjustment is to meet in Beckley WV at 3:30 PM Wednesday.  I am leaving Clev in the morning doing a combo of slab and back roads down. Casper, Cdub and Tyler are leaving C-Bus noonish. IP is meeting me in New Philly on the way down.

Wed 3:30 meet spot.  BP at exit 42 and 77 near Beckley.    2001 Robert C Byrd Dr, MacArthur, WV 25873

Wed. Beckley to Marion VA via 16.   120 miles 3 hours or so. Short stop on the side of the road for the rooster farm. I love the rooster farm, it is epic.

Wed Route:   https://goo.gl/maps/Ww4DahB9LkA2

Hotel Wed night is 

Americas Best Value Inn

1424 N Main St, Marion, VA 24354

http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1967&rcode=sim2016

Make your own reservations, get your own roommates if you want to share a room. No, I don't share rooms. I hate that.

Thursday:  Marion to Maggie Valley to Franklin to Fontana.  300 miles about 7 hours. Hitting 'The Snake' on the way to Maggie, then 212 and 209.  Stopping in Maggie for the Wheels Through Time museum. After the museum we will decide on Franklin and the Cafe Rel. If not we will short cut it via the BRP to Fontana. We could split up if peeps have differing views.

Thursday route:   https://goo.gl/maps/78okW68oCZF2

Edited by Isaac's Papa

7 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

How much slabbing do you plan on doing on the way down to Marion? 

Beckley to Marion is not slab at all.

Getting to the Beckley meet point by 3:30 pm is 4.5 hours plus stops.  So now that I think about it, it will be mostly slab.

EDIT:  Probably hop off in Charleston and get on 3 to Beckley, that is an interesting road.

Edited by Tonik

11 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

If anybody wants to share a double-bed room, let me know. I think I'm changing my vacation and rolling down with Jim Wednesday morning. I'll update @Tonik when I know for sure. 

Rooms appear to be $62/night, unless someone has a baller discount code that beats AAA.  

I may be down for that.

• Upvote 1

You going to be rollin' with your GPS tracker on Jim? Not sure of my plansyet but might just play catch me if you can at some point during your adventures like I did last year. That was kind of fun.

Just now, 2talltim said:

You going to be rollin' with your GPS tracker on Jim? Not sure of my plansyet but might just play catch me if you can at some point during your adventures like I did last year. That was kind of fun.

Yep, always. Keeps the wife happy to see I am still moving.  I will share with everyone, can be handy when meeting up like we are. If they are at a gas stop they can look me up.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yep, always. Keeps the wife happy to see I am still moving.  I will share with everyone, can be handy when meeting up like we are. If they are at a gas stop they can look me up.

I have an account now too, my Mrs. also likes to know I'm still kicking. I've had her call me when I may have stopped in BFE for a break and she wonders if something happened. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

this is the trip I always wanted to do to get me to ride to and from the gap. I'm following this thread with so much jealousy in my heart

Buy your bike back, take the trip then sell it again.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

this is the trip I always wanted to do to get me to ride to and from the gap. I'm following this thread with so much jealousy in my heart

It's still in my garage.......................................................................................................................................................... started it yesterday just to hear that rumble.

That thought popped in my head last week when I ran my spreadsheet from the house sale. But even if the house sale didn't get cancelled I wouldn't be able to take the time off because I'm starting a new job 2 weeks before and the twins could possibly come as early as then

18 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Vacation adjusted. I'm rolling with Jim from NEO. Catch you shitbirds on the flip-side. 

image.jpeg

I'll meet up with you guys if this goes down. I'm sure you guys will want to watch me suffer through +/- 4 hours of slab time.

Edited by TimTheAzn

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll meet up with you guys if this goes down. I'm sure you guys will want to watch me suffer through +/- 4 hours of slab time.

400 mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours till you get home.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Nope. I ordered tires for the Multistrada. Why in the world would I even consider taking the SS when I have a faster, more capable and luggage-ready bike? Because I worked 75 hours last week and I'm fried. Lol

Why do you have the SS then?