Gap bed thread

Tonik

1 minute ago, Casper said:

There is a restaurant (with alcohol I believe). And see my above post about cell signal. 

Yeah, we ate at the restaurant last year.  Pretty good chow, iirc

1 minute ago, Hellmutt said:

Is there any cel signal around Fontana?  I dont HAVE to have wifi, but it would save me some data while we're there.  IronHorse had weak wifi too, but there was somewhat of a cel signal

There is a cell booster for Verizon they say.  I don't have Verizon so I don't know if it works.  They have wifi at the lodge with decent strength.  You can get it at the store and pool usually too.  They are telling people they have wifi throughout the village and that isn't what we experienced.  So take from that what you want. 

But the whole area is a dead cell zone.  You have to go into Robbinsville almost to pick up cell.  I called people over wifi from the lodge and that worked well enough.

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No @Hellmutt there aint crap there. No cell, no bars, no restaurants.

Nothing.

I'm bringing alcohol and food, we have a full kitchen and fridge in our cabin, and not too worried about the wifi/phone - but it would be nice to check my email in the evenings

Just now, Hellmutt said:

Yeah, we ate at the restaurant last year.  Pretty good chow, iirc

2 restaurants, one a little fancier than the other.  The grill has more diner food.  You can order pizzas from there and take them back to your cabin, I believe.  I think the general store or the grill is selling some premade meals now too.

Bleh, seems "resort fee" is the new thing for hotels then... the way they do it in Orlando is say nothing upfront and then give you a $20/night charge per person per night ontop of your bill. We had some business down there in April and ended up paying the hotel close to $1500 in extra resort fees between everyone that was there. Pretty sleazy if you ask me, same as charging for checked bags on a flight.

6 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That cell booster wont work on any of the newer phones. VZ hasnt released one yet.

Works fine. It's a cell booster over internet, not VoIP/wifi calling. I've used it every time I'm down there. I call the wife from the gas station to say good morning. 

Just now, 2talltim said:

We picked up wifi at the cabins from the store last year and we're making FB phone calls.

I use FaceTime or Skype when on wifi. Works fine most of the time. But if I have to pay for wifi, I'll walk my happy ass up to the lodge. :) 

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Works fine. It's a cell booster over internet, not VoIP/wifi calling. I've used it every time I'm down there. I call the wife from the gas station to say good morning. 

I know what it is, and I know it does not work on newer phones. I will bring the one  we bought at work and beat you with it.

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I know what it is, and I know it does not work on newer phones. I will bring the one  we bought at work and beat you with it.

Worked on my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 5S. It's just a mini cell tower. Why wouldn't it work? :dunno: 

7 hours ago, Casper said:

Worked on my iPhone 3GS and iPhone 5S. It's just a mini cell tower. Why wouldn't it work? :dunno: 

Let me check and see if I give a rat's ass about you or your phone. I will get back to you on that.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I'm officially on vacation. Now, stop fucking up this thread with your off-topic dick touching. 

After ditching me Wed morning I couldn't care less about your wishes.

14 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

If they're choosing to charge customers for wifi access, then they should boost it up to at least reach the entire facility

They're not charging for the wifi so they say.  The "resort fee" is for using the minigolf, discgolf, pool, free coffee and cookies etc is how they put it.

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Jesus, it's over an hour to the closest Dunkin Donuts. I'm gonna starve.

Jesus never does anything about it, gotta go straight to the owner. Freaking nepotism. 

6 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I stole your boy toy, too. 

That is the part that hurts the worst. The only reason I was going was so I could mock him after about 3.5 hours on the slab on the way down.

• Tonik unpinned this topic