Gap bed thread

Tonik

12 minutes ago, Tonik said:

We have several Farmers Markets in Cleveland built by tax dollars. :dunno:

Directly related to an occupancy tax to increase tourism? 

Beechwood's was funded by a Doctor.

13 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

Just to be sure, there are no open spots, right?

So @tyler524 had to cancel, he was sharing a lodge room with someone.  So his spot might be available.  Go back a page and you will see him mention it.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:53 AM, what said:

could be worse, they could have those crazy "resort fees" you have to pay in orlando. 

They do have a resort fee now unless your group negotiated it out for their group rate.

• Upvote 1

Not sure the new access pass fee is negotiable.  $13.95 up to 2 people, then it's an additional $3.95 per person/per lodging the way I understood it.  Appears it's just a one time fee per stay though.

As of September 1st, 2015, any reservation made this date or after will have a $13.95 Resort Pass charged per room, per night, plus $3.95 per person over two guests.

The Resort Pass includes guest amenities such as complimentary cookies and coffee in the Lodge lobby, mini golf, disc golf, inclusion in resort activities, as well as free Wi-Fi and lake access.  Exclusions include but are not limited to: Equipment Rentals, Marina Rentals, and course supplies.

5 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Not sure the new access pass fee is negotiable.  $13.95 up to 2 people, then it's an additional $3.95 per person/per lodging the way I understood it.  Appears it's just a one time fee per stay though.

per night per person.

You can ask to not pay the fee because you're not going to use the resort facilities.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bjturner27 said:

per night per person.

You can ask to not pay the fee because you're not going to use the resort facilities.

If that's true we will be at a different venue next year. That's an extra $40/night for our cabin of five. Only thing we'd use is the wifi. 

3 minutes ago, bjturner27 said:

per night per person.

:wtf: WOW.....thanks for headsup, didn't realize it was a DAILY fee.  Definitely will contest the additional charge since we'll be riding all day long and basically just sleeping at the resort.

Just now, Hellmutt said:

:wtf: WOW.....thanks for headsup, didn't realize it was a DAILY fee.  Definitely will contest the additional charge since we'll be riding all day long and basically just sleeping at the resort.

You're welcome.  I'm a member there and they tried to pin it on us too but decided not to,

How many people are attending your get together? I am renting to the svrider group that is there this weekend.

1 minute ago, Casper said:

If that's true we will be at a different venue next year. 

As long as we can opt out of paying it, I dont find it to be a deal breaker - but Fontana should disclose that as an option though since they're automatically charging customers for it

6 minutes ago, bjturner27 said:

You're welcome.  I'm a member there and they tried to pin it on us too but decided not to,

How many people are attending your get together? I am renting to the svrider group that is there this weekend.

I think we'll have 20ish riders?

Edited by Hellmutt

Just now, Hellmutt said:

As long as we can opt out of paying it, I dont find it to be a deal breaker - but Fontana should disclose that as an option though since they're automatically charging customers for it

If we opt out, does that mean we don't get wifi? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hellmutt said:

Agreed.  That's why I thought I would mention it.  I heard people requesting to opt out and the desk said okay.  It's been a sore spot of mine since they started doing it.

Just now, Casper said:

If we opt out, does that mean we don't get wifi? 

Wifi is iffy anyway.  I was just there and didn't really have any service except on Tuesday and Wednesday night after 9.  Their WIFI in the village is as sketchy as that resort fee.

4 minutes ago, bjturner27 said:

Agreed.  That's why I thought I would mention it.  I heard people requesting to opt out and the desk said okay.  It's been a sore spot of mine since they started doing it.

Wifi is iffy anyway.  I was just there and didn't really have any service except on Tuesday and Wednesday night after 9.  Their WIFI in the village is as sketchy as that resort fee.

Wifi isn't great, but it's how I call home to talk to the wife and kids. 

3 minutes ago, bjturner27 said:

If they're choosing to charge customers for wifi access, then they should boost it up to at least reach the entire facility

Is there any cel signal around Fontana?  I dont HAVE to have wifi, but it would save me some data while we're there.  IronHorse had weak wifi too, but there was somewhat of a cel signal

2 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Is there any cel signal around Fontana?  I dont HAVE to have wifi, but it would save me some data while we're there.  IronHorse had weak wifi too, but there was somewhat of a cel signal

Only cell signal is a Verizon booster in the lobby of the lodge and at the gas station. 

• Tonik unpinned this topic