F U UPS

Tonik

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Sixth is for 80+, using it at 70 would be worse.

Damn kids, I swear.

I'm honestly surprised, I looked it up and a voyager does in fact have 6 gears, with positive neutral finder....

only women need a neutral finder

12 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

I'm honestly surprised, I looked it up and a voyager does in fact have 6 gears, with positive neutral finder....

All Kawasakis have a positive neutral finder.

12 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

I have gone almost twice as fast on my bike as your grom is even capable of.  And that was with my wife and a weeks worth of clothes and shit in it.

2 minutes ago, whaler said:

If you are running 87 May meed to jump to 89 or 93 and see what happens.  If the timing is advanced it may just be an octane thing.  If not he will take care of you at no charge.  

92 or 93, what ever Shell premium is. I forget.  Yea he advanced the timing, and I am not worried I know he will get it figured out.

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

I have gone almost twice as fast on my bike as your grom is even capable of.  And that was with my wife and a weeks worth of clothes and shit in it.

That's fun. A few years ago on my Kawi with a neutral finder I had my pregnant wife twice the speed limit chasing rob and Derek 

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

92 or 93, what ever Shell premium is. I forget.  Yea he advanced the timing, and I am not worried I know he will get it figured out.

A side topic, I've been running shell 93 in my turbo fuckus getting 34 mpg I was down in the portage lakes and low fuel light came on so I filled up with marathon 87 and I've been averaging 38 mpg this tank and the car seems to be happier

11 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

That's fun. A few years ago on my Kawi with a neutral finder I had my pregnant wife twice the speed limit chasing rob and Derek 

The whole 120 thing in Idaho was my wifes idea.

9 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

A side topic, I've been running shell 93 in my turbo fuckus getting 34 mpg I was down in the portage lakes and low fuel light came on so I filled up with marathon 87 and I've been averaging 38 mpg this tank and the car seems to be happier

Interesting that you mention that, lot of folks are running low and mid grade in my bike with this ecu mod, so I may try that for grins.

How did your UPS flash go? I understand why they went to your wife instead.

UPS "lost" an entire 29"er mountainbike I bought from pennsylvania.

Seller refunded once f-ups admitted with no tracking updates for over a week they didn't know where it was.

Edited by motocat12

So I added octane booster to the current tank and the problem instantly went away.  Ran that to empty and filled it with 93.  Was not able to get it to ping, and I probably went from 70 to 90 in 5th WOT 20 times trying. Then hit 6th at 65, way too low an rpm for that gear/speed and usually a guaranteed way to get ping if it is on the edge of too lean.  No problems at all. Runs like a raped ape, I am one happy mo fo.

So, it was bad gas. Or some dumbass grabbed the wrong pump handle when he filled it up. I suspect the latter.

• Upvote 1

There is a guy on the COG site that is flashing the C14's now. It sound tempting but I really don't see the need for any more pick up or power, it has more that I need already. Never had any roll-on issues either, that variable valve timing does a really nice job already.  

Mine had enough issues that he fixed to make it worthwhile. Runs far cooler, 1700 to 2200 is a usable rpm range now, used to be a dog in there. Better mpg and no backfire on hard decel. Whole rpm range is stronger on roll on, so I don't have to downshift as much in corners now, I can cheat it and roll out pretty strong if I want to.

16 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Looked into it again and its $325 for the flash, cant justify spending that for something that's not really needed.

https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400

Might want to look around and see if anyone makes a throttle mod for it, a 'quick turn'.  I have that on mine, makes throttle response much faster and more accurate. A common Kaw problem.

Might want to look around and see if anyone makes a throttle mod for it, a 'quick turn'.  I have that on mine, makes throttle response much faster and more accurate. A common Kaw problem.

I ussually have the opposite problem, I jump into the throttle too quick. There are very few occasions on my bike where WOT is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

bud I hate to break it to ya but FedEx is far worse than ups and usps.   I buy a lot of stuff online and fedex is by far the worst offender of stupidity.    if they estimate a package to be delivered on X date it will sit at the hub 10 miles from my house until that date rolls around.   instead of delivering it they hold it.

Edited by serpentracer

UPS rocks.

ordered a Leo Vince for the 750, no one here has anything in stock except a cheap yoshi and an over priced akropovic. 

I placed the the order through a company in England Monday night, it was at my door this afternoon.

terroristic activity must be low if it got through customs that fast, original arrival date was May 27