OMRL 2016 OMRL Racing Starts this SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

turnone

On 4/19/2016 at 8:14 AM, Trackbikez said:

I'm hoping to make round 2 or 3, I'd like to rent a bike and try this out.

Sad that it's a such a long drive from CLE.

I make the drive every round.  Let me know if you need a ride. Especially if you are renting a bike, an extra person would be very easy to fit.  A person plus their bike plus their gear is still doable, but requires a bit more planning.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

So how much is it to rent one of these speed demons? 

$100.

I think technically is $75 plus $25 deposit, but you're unlikely to collect the deposit... 

If I can find a newer bike, I might start renting mine out for $50 + deposit.

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

So how much is it to rent one of these speed demons? 

Redkow nailed it - $100 ($75 + $25 deposit for wrecking).  I rented from the league president.  Process was pretty chill, he didn't even have me write him a check until after the day was done.  Pretty matter-of-fact conversation.

"So how much do I owe you?"

"Well, did you wreck it?"

"Yea"

"$100 then"

Lap 2 of the first practice session (1:40-ish mark).  I think Kent said he's only refunded the damage deposit twice, ever.

And in Slo-Mo

$100 ($75+$25) for the rental bike
$40 Season License
$25 Class Entry 1 (Waived on your FIRST outing with purchase of season license)
$20 Class Entry 2
$10 Transponder Rental
$10 Gate Fee to get into Circleville
$20 Gas Money I threw RedKow for driving me down and showing me the ropes
$200 for an Arrive-and-Drive experience

Assuming you still crash at least once and run both Stock Moto and F3 classes on an XR100, the second time it would be
$100
$25
$20
$10
$10
Gas Money
$165 + Gas Money

Edited by Trackbikez

Gas for the bikes is almost nonexistent too.  Travel is your only real fuel cost.

If you show up with a full tank of gas on race day, there is virtually no way humanly possible for you to turn enough laps to run out.  Endurance day would be the lone exception, but we don't do fuel stops on the 2-hour.

• 3 months later...

been thinking about getting into this NSR50 stuff, but holy crap, i can't find one at all! where should i be looking to purchase an NSR50? i went to circleville once with a friend of mine who had an nsr50 and let me ride it, it was pretty fun and cheap, and all the fundamentals are the same, learning on a budget!

There have been a few for sale on our omrl FB page and the Herrin page. 

XR100 racing is a little cheaper if cheap is what you're looking for. Both are fun though. Look up OMRL on FB and ask to join the page and I'll add you. Lots of bikes get listed there for sale. 

Same with Herrin Compound and Cammera. I'll add you to those also if you click the join tab

Some Quick questions:

My littlest has a CRF-50, what tires/rims do most people use and which classes can he run? We don't care about fast or being competitive, just fun. 

My other kids have three XR-70's. Same question, tires/rims and classes?

My older kids just turned a CRF-100 street legal. What rims/tires are used at the track?

Thanks in advance. Would be great to get the kids on the track. 

18 minutes ago, Vagabound said:

Some Quick questions:

My littlest has a CRF-50, what tires/rims do most people use and which classes can he run? We don't care about fast or being competitive, just fun. 

My other kids have three XR-70's. Same question, tires/rims and classes?

My older kids just turned a CRF-100 street legal. What rims/tires are used at the track?

Thanks in advance. Would be great to get the kids on the track. 

For the 100, get a 16" front wheel, BT45s are the standard tire, either 100 or 110 for front and rear.

Sorry, for the 50s, they will run in the Kid's 50 class.  Currently 4 or 5 show up every race.  Don't know about tires, I'd assume stock rims.  

I know some folks have run XR80s in the Stock 100 class, don't know about the 70s.  @turnone would know for sure.

Do the kids have leathers?

Ok, all other kids have leathers, not really sure of regulation on that, it's a new class this year...  I've saw an adult race in real serious street gear one time, maybe there is some leniency.  I would hope there would be a way to get them on the track with what they have.  Are you on the OMRL facebook page?  It's pretty active and I'm sure some of the Kid's 50 parents would be able to help more then my nearly useless guesses.  

kids 50. stock wheels. Tires can be the stock knobbies or any street tread. No rules on tires. The stock tires do just fine at the speeds they go. Leathers are required. Many people have extras and are always willing to help. The 70 and 80 would run in the 100 class unless we had enough show up to to run their own class but theres only be one 80 show up that I can remember. The 100s use stock rims or stock rear and an xr80 stock front wheel to give 16" front and rear, provides better handling. Bridgestone BT45s are the best tire and most popular tire in that class but you are free to use any tire of your choice.

• Upvote 1