Bike advice needed

cuzenjeff

Just a little up date:  No matter what I do my pics are to big to post, so I will just make a comment.

I never thought that there would be that much difference  from a cheap bike to a good one. The ease of peddling and moving the new bike is so great, even though I am bent over more then I wanted to be the comfort of the bike is great and the hard tail to me is not bad at all. I added a seat post back rack and a cheap speeometer which is kinda cool to see how fast you went the average speed you went and how may miles you have done. This has made biking more fun then a chore. The ole lady now enjoys going out for much longer rides with her new Vita. I wish I was a lot younger then 60, but life moves fast and having a 7 year old around to keep me moving has been great. I would like to thank everyone for the good advice, I think I made a good choice on spending the extra bucks to get something I am very happy with. Thanks again guys.

2 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Glad you're enjoying the Sirrus. People love to talk shot about spending money on a quality bicycle. I've often heard the term "child's toy" thrown around. Poor sods don't know what they're missing. Bicycling is great fun and very good for you. More Americans should do it. We'd be better off for it. 

I know one Harley rider from yesterday that apparently doesn't like to bicycle. :) 

• 8 months later...

Hey pauly...its been a while.....thank for all of the advice. Arthritis in the knees makes it tough but the grand boy and I still got in a little over 500 miles for the year

20160709_174548_001.jpg

Edited by cuzenjeff
  • Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, cuzenjeff said:

Hey pauly...its been a while.....thank for all of the advice. Arthritis in the knees makes it tough but the grand boy and I still got in a little over 500 miles for the year

20160709_174548_001.jpg

Good on you; times spent with grandchildren are awesome.  He'll be a better man for it.

On 2/12/2017 at 5:29 PM, Wandering Soul said:

Good on you; times spent with grandchildren are awesome.  He'll be a better man for it.

Thanks, being a Dad again at 61 is tough,  but I am one tough Mother Fucker.....OK.... pretty tough until my knees hurt.....getting old ain't for PUSSYS.

• Upvote 2

On 2/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Any old trainer will be fine. Just make sure you buy the proper quick release skewer (axle) that fits it. Used on CL is where I got mine. You may want to purchase a trainer specific tire so you don't chew up your road tire. 

Thanks, I will see what is out there.  I can through on a ole cheap wall mart tire for the winter months.

22 minutes ago, cuzenjeff said:

Thanks, being a Dad again at 61 is tough,  but I am one tough Mother Fucker.....OK.... pretty tough until my knees hurt.....getting old ain't for PUSSYS.

I see a lot of grandparents with custody at work. I hope he keeps you feeling young - at least most of you. Not sure he'll help the knees!