Stunting Legalities?

OhioFirebolt

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

There's a time and place for everything.  Are wheelies safe?? No.  Are they a danger to others? Yes.  Does that mean you shouldn't do them?  Refer to my first statement.  

I'd be a hypocrite to say that you shouldn't do wheelies because they are dangerous to others when I've posted videos of me doing 185mph down the turnpike.  Which is more dangerous?  Certainly, the 180+.   BUT, with that said, I can admit that when I do it, I am a douchebag.  Should I do it?  Probably not, but I make bad decisions all the time...

I certainly wouldn't advocate that it's okay to do it.  Just my .02

The man says he did 185mph and it takes 2 hours for the first mention of finding $1.85 on 270?

This place is going downhill :nono:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Lol and here you are back again. 

Ask anyone who has a generally bad impression of sport bike riders why and you'll get two answers: speeding and wheelies. Stunting on public streets turns public opinion against sport bikes. It makes people more likely to do asshole shit to sport bike riders like cut them off. You are part of the problem. 

Sad refrain there. Trying to make a good impression of sportbike riders for these shitty ass drivers is fruitless. The reason they do asshole shit usually has more to do with them than you. I just steer clear, don't engage them & have my fun in a realistically safe manner. Sport bikes are not designed to be ridden in a namby pamby manner that will please Jane in her Prius or Joe in his Malibu.

• Upvote 2

I love corners and road racing. That being said I can appreciate the talent and control that goes into doing stunts. Is wheeling as wel as other stunts dangerous?? Yes is taking a corner at double the posted speed limit dangerous?? Yes so I think people should throw stones that live in glass houses. Just because someone breaks the law different then you doesn't mean they are any more or less of a Douchebag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

dang, I thought twice the advisory speed was pushing it.

Depends what state you're in. 

Also, "After an amazing season" ?? Season ends when snow falls (well, for weak people like me). 

• 4 weeks later...