Harbor Freight Aluminum Floor Jack?

imagineer

What’s the buzz on Harbor Freight Aluminum frame/Rapid Pump floor jacks?    I’ve been lugging my only floor jack, and insanely heavy steel one, between the garage and workshop long enough and am looking at buying a 2nd floor jack.   

The gravity altering model I’ve been using for over 15 years was bought at HF.  It’s still working fine, so I’m not concerned about picking up another from them, although I not tried one of the Rapid Pump floor jacks yet.  

In looking at their website, they aluminum framed jacks for not that much more than the comparable steel units, but are about 1/3 lighter.

Anyone have good or bad experience with one of these aluminum floor jacks?

Ummm, I've got the steel rapid jack. It was cheaper. Works. I like it. Have only done a few brake jobs with it so far. The old jack finally gave out on the jack juice or seals, whatever. Hardly worth fixing.

note: Had a friend put transmission fluid in one of my floor jacks, years ago. Killed it. Don't do that. Use the correct fluid.

• Upvote 1