Motorcycle Superstore Sucks

whaler

Have ordered from them twice and twice I was well before the ship same day time frame.  Both instances they did printed the label which shows as shipped but did not actually leave the warehouse until two days later.

i called them on it, and tried to argue that they shipped same day, until I told them I called ups and the tracking showed not being picked up until two days later.  Their tone changed and started apologizing and making excuses.

they ended up refunding me 25% but this will be my last order with this shitty company.

There is a reason why I have normally used  Dennis Kirk over the last 25 years.

Do they use UPS?

I worked in shipping using UPS for 15 years, this is what happens...

When your order is actually boxed up, it goes on a UPS scale, your name and address already loaded into computer, the shipper clicks the "ship" button, zebra printer spits out your label... In UPS's program it has shipped.

But your box-o'-stuff may not actually leave MS until the skid/truck/trailer is full!

That could take 1 or 2 days.

Only next-day-air shipments left that day, usually within a hour.

So when you track a package, it says it shipped (according to their program) but it's still waiting to be literally loaded on to the truck.

That makes sense.  I have had parts shipped for work from our satellite office in Toledo and sometimes don't get it until 2 days later.  You would think you would get it the next day.

Obviously youre new to online ordering.  This is just how it works 99% of the time.  And ive had packages sit for several days in the shippers hub waiting on the estimated delivery date given by the online store when it could of been put on a truck and delivered.  Fedex is horrible for this. they act like this is done as a convienence to you so you know what day it will be delivered.

Edited by serpentracer

That sounds typical to me. Sprocket kinda nailed it. I worked for a company that shipped with UPS primarily. We had a 53' trailer backed up to the dock. It usually took us 2 days to fill it. All our orders were marked shipped as soon as they crossed the threshold of the dock door to the trailer. UPS would be a day or two getting there, but it was shipped on our end.

I've shopped with motorcycle superstore before and always liked them. Never been in a huge hurry for anything so 3 to 4 days was about typical for delivery.

I got bit by Motorcycle Superstore recently too.  Had some points to use up and they had a good deal on a couple spare helmets for the wife and I.  I ordered a med orange/black Bell SX1, but after 8 days I received a 2XL white/light blue Bell MX9.  Called to initiate an exchange, and was told they dont do exhanges - I'd have to ship it back and reorder what I want...??...no accountability, no reason why they got it wrong, whatever.  They waived return shipping cost, which they should, but they offered no additional discount for the hassle.  First and LAST time I use em, points discount be damned.

Online with Riders Discount only from now on.

13 hours ago, dustinsn3485 said:

That sounds typical to me. Sprocket kinda nailed it. I worked for a company that shipped with UPS primarily. We had a 53' trailer backed up to the dock. It usually took us 2 days to fill it. All our orders were marked shipped as soon as they crossed the threshold of the dock door to the trailer. UPS would be a day or two getting there, but it was shipped on our end.

I've shopped with motorcycle superstore before and always liked them. Never been in a huge hurry for anything so 3 to 4 days was about typical for delivery.

You and sprocket are not getting it.  They say ships same day if ordered before a certain time.  Putting a label on it and it setting in the warehouse or truck is not shipping.

Plenty of other online stores who say ships same day actually ship the same day, like clock work.

I agree with whaler on this one. Sounds like they 'prepared for shipping' but didn't 'ship'. The company I work for is one of the largest mailers (mostly letters) in the Midwest and we have the same trailers for various couriers. However, the mail/packages are sorted by priority and promise date and those that are promised to be there by x time damn well better get out the door when the are supposed to, even if the truck has 1 package on it.

These large companies have contractual agreements with the couriers to pickup outgoing packages/mail regardless of volume (i.e. trailer may be partial load). I have ordered from MSS in quite a while but have a lot in the past because much of the stuff is shipped from Louisville and gets here quick...I guess that's true if the actually ship it quickly. 

Edited by ScubaCinci

I'll stick to my 3 goto's, Riders Discount, Revzilla and Jake Wilson/Rocky Mountian ATV Mc ( last two are the same company)

Never a problem, most of the time free shipping and don't think it's ever been over 4 days on delivery, ussually 2 or 3.

I ordered something from @RidersDiscount the other day.  The label printed and a few hours later it showed in UPS at the sort facility.  Now I don't think they are as big as MS, but they are still plenty big.  This isn't rocket science, it is a matter of morals. You either treat your customers honestly or you don't.

I have been to MS's store in Louisville. The place felt slimy, hard to describe. The only bright part of being there is that while we were in the parking lot we heard the post trumpets from a horse track, realized Churchill Downs is right around the corner and headed over there and had a great time.

I almost always order from sportbiketrackgear. 

I have ordered from cycle gear once, and that was my front stand. It's built like shit. And wobbles and I should have bought a pit bull to match the rear stand, but now that the only bike in the garage is the grom, it's fine... but would never trust it on my 599 or 650r for tire changes or any other kind of work. I just used it to make more room for the car in the garage for the winter.

will never order from cyclegear again based on their shit products... It's the harbor freight of motorcycle stuff. 

On 3/12/2016 at 0:21 AM, whaler said:

You and sprocket are not getting it.  They say ships same day if ordered before a certain time.  Putting a label on it and it setting in the warehouse or truck is not shipping.

Plenty of other online stores who say ships same day actually ship the same day, like clock work.

Everyone gets it.  But almost all places do what they do.  About the only places that dont is amazon.

So just because you get an email that saysbits shipped 90% of the time it was an automated email when they printed the label for the box. 

You may have bought online before but its a limited amount i can tell.  Not trying to be a prick.  Just letting you know theyre typical.  Seriously.

2 minutes ago, serpentracer said:

Everyone gets it.  But almost all places do what they do.  About the only places that dont is amazon.

So just because you get an email that saysbits shipped 90% of the time it was an automated email when they printed the label for the box. 

You may have bought online before but its a limited amount i can tell.  Not trying to be a prick.  Just letting you know theyre typical.  Seriously.

This a false statement...

90% do not say ship same day if ordered by a certain time and then ship two days later.

How the hell would you know my shopping habits?

its ok of you want to accept false claims or subpar work and just accept it, I am not made that way.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, whaler said:

I'm a mod, in IT and my kid is one of the worlds most elite hackers. I know everything you do and tell him!!   :lol:

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, whaler said:

This a false statement...

90% do not say ship same day if ordered by a certain time and then ship two days later.

its ok of you want to accept false claims or subpar work and just accept it, I am not made that way.

How do i know?

By your rant.  Anyone thats bought enough is well aware this is how it works.  

I cant begin to remember how often this happens to me. Every single time i get a "item has shipped" email if i pull up the tracking info it almost never has for another day and sometimes 2 days later.  I got over it way back in 2004.

Edited by serpentracer

This could be simply fixed by companies with online ordering putting a small disclaimer on every shipping charge that states may ship the next business day.  At least it doesn't give the false impression that your order shipped an hour after it was processed.

The way I see it is if I need something right away, I pay the rediculus charge for next day shipping, otherwise I will plan on it being at my door in 3-4 days.  If it takes longer than that then I have a problem.

If they say it is going to ship, and they regularly don't ship when they say the are going to then they blow dead goats.  They are lying asshats.  I say lying because they do it regularly...that means it isn't a mistake and they know they are going to miss the promised shiptime.

If I was a mod I would lock this thread at this point, it's over.

Haha, no not locking. That would be very bad moding, and disrespectful to the spirit of OR. Where we have a Casper given right to say stupid shit and make fools of ourselves.

But it was a funny line.