New in parma

Tstang429

New member. I have been riding for about 4 years now.. Like my older cruiser bikes.. Currently working and wrenching on my 1987 Kawasaki 454 ltd. Selling my nighthawk. Looking to meet more local riders for safe rides.

How-D ! and welcome. I know a guy that has a barn find KZ650(I think it is) that he'd sell cheap if you want another project. I think he said like $350 or something like that. It needs a lot of tlc  but it's all there, you never know.

28 minutes ago, HeavyDuty said:

Welcome

Just wondering are white socks still popular out that way?  :-)

I lived in Parma Heights from age 0-4, then at 2 places in Parma from 23-32 with a year in Cleveland proper in 2007/2008  - I don't understand what you're asking.

I'm right down the road from the OP now.  No street bike at the moment.  My next streetable bike will have to be something I can also race in F1/Supermoto with OMRL, but I'm too cheap to buy one, and would have to clean out our shed to store it :p

I do like the 454 though.  From a historic perspective, it's a cool part of the Ninja 900 development - basically half of that engine, and then later bored to 498 for the EX500 (my first bike). 

31 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

I lived in Parma Heights from age 0-4, then at 2 places in Parma from 23-32 with a year in Cleveland proper in 2007/2008  - I don't understand what you're asking.

old people in knee high white socks and low cut black shoes or sandals

Edited by Bad324

31 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

I guess i assumed that was an old people thing, not a parma thing. 

Back in HeavyDuty's day Parma wasn't stereotyped as the same thing it is today. It was stereotyped as old people, primarily polish

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bad324 said:

Back in HeavyDuty's day Parma wasn't stereotyped as the same thing it is today. It was stereotyped as old people, primarily polish

That makes more sense. Still a lot of polish. Nicky's on State has awesome food and cheap booze. 

I I have spent a lot of time there. 

6688EEE5-9C0C-43DF-88B3-4BEE034D9B92_zps

1d1df7ef-5525-47a3-a3d4-a707de29ef6a_zps

couple of pics. Its lowered with savage rear shocks. tail light removed. rear turns rewired into brake turn and running lights. All lenses replaced with smoked covers. Rattle caned flat black.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tstang429 said:

Factory bars are back on it now. those where nice bars but until I get a single speedo tach combo I need the factory to clear the gauges.

I put this gauge on my cb750 project bike. Koso makes pretty solid high quality stuff, I'm happy with it.

http://kosonorthamerica.com/product/tnt-01/

• 4 weeks later...