Maserati V-8 motorcycle

ReconRat

why do they keep building things like this? beyond attention grabbing, it serves no real purpose. there's no R&D being performed, no real usefulness, i'm sure it doesn't perform nearly as well as a production superbike in any standard way of measuring performance. 

they didn't even think outside the box, the tomahawk of the 90's...

• 1 month later...

I bet it leans over better then any floorboard equipped cruiser.mthere are 4 swingarms, one for each wheel. When leaning, the inside one compresses compared to the outside one. There are three wheeled scooters that do this very well.

as far as why, I bet it was sold before it was completed and it serves the purpose of bringing in tons of attention to his shop, that gets  high end, but more conventional builds. He is quite famous in Europe for his custom bikes and crazy crap like street legal R1 powered quads.

sure it isn't going to be as fast as a superbike, but who cares? Who ever owns this will have lots of high end bikes. 

Plus that Motor will sound awesome. Rather have this then a tomahawk or Chevy V8 Boss Hog.