2016 Wayne thread

max power

Nice setup, hope you have a great weekend. Weather looks good here and for Bristol. My Uncle hauled the camper there Monday, and I'm heading out in a few hours. Have to get a few more supplies like beer and ice.

Thanks Mick, I love the Bristol race...Have not been in a few years but may try and make the fall race. we used to camp at Red Barn Campground and it was a freaking blast! Spend all day riding around on 4 wheelers having water gun fights and all night drinking and watching awesome racing!

Great opening weekend of riding! ended up putting on just over 100 miles between the two quads. Good times by the fires each night as well. Good to see you Tim, next time bring the quad down and we will get some riding in.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mick, I love the Bristol race...Have not been in a few years but may try and make the fall race. we used to camp at Red Barn Campground and it was a freaking blast! Spend all day riding around on 4 wheelers having water gun fights and all night drinking and watching awesome racing!

Sounds like you all had a good weekend. Bristol was awesome as well. Friday in the pits I got 3 die-cast autographed, and I also had a 3x5' checkerd flag that I filled up almost all of the white checkers with top name autographs. Names like race winner and pole sitter Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Kasey Kaine, Matt Kenseth, Bush brothers, Danaki and let me tell you she smelt fine for coming out of a race car after qualifying! Also got Jack Roush to sign it and talked with him for a min as well as both of the Burton brother's. Saturday's race was boring, they changed the format to two 50 lap heats with 20 cars in each. Then a 200 lap main. All but put me to sleep. The Sunday race was nothing short of spectacular! I took a shit load of pictures of both races as well as in the pits. It was my 1st time with a hot pass. That was freaking cool being right down there in the mix. We could go anywhere we wanted. Only time someone said something to correct me was when I tried to snap a picture of the engine compartment of the 24 car. Security down there is definitely lacking. No signs posted don't cross anywhere! 1st autograph I asked for, the driver shrugged me off. I thought it was gonna be a bust, but Noone else said no the whole day. My Uncle was able to get a couple cars signed too, by Dale jr. And Matt Kenseth. He also got his flag going, but wasn't able to keep up with some of the driver's. And I missed Jimmy Johnson cause I snoozed. But got more signatures than I could of wished for. Also got Casey Mears and his crew chief Booty Barker. I actually watched the last 5min qualify section with Booty.

How were the trails? Wish I could of made it down. Hoping to make it down sometime soon. I know we have a trip planned there in July but hoping to make it sooner. How was the cops down there? Any troubles?

Trails were almost to smooth...I had never seen a cop down there until this years opening weekend, they were all over the trails but were very cool. Only thing they were doing is checking to make sure you had a plate and a Wayne pass. Rumor has it they brought them in from other areas to show force for opening weekend, doubt we see them again unless its a major holiday like 4th of July.

21 hours ago, M_Quick said:

By cops, you mean rangers right?

Nope, I mean actual Police...they even had a K-9 sitting at the cemetery. Dog wasn't doing anything but sitting on the side but he was there. Two Rangers as well and they were the ones checking the passes.

Me either, hell i have only seen one Ranger up until this year. Like i said though the rumor was that they were trucked in from other areas, a guy that was at Williams came down the night before opening day and he said that they all stayed at the Holiday Inn where he was so they were definitely not locals.