DONATE to help GixxerTravis

Helmutt

3 hours ago, GixxerTravis said:

This makes me emotional folks. I don't know what to say or do other than thank you thank you thank you

You're welcome.  You need the money for good causes, so we're happy to help where we can.  Just get functional for that coming baby

Hey Travis, glad you're letting us help you out bro.

I wanted to relate a story from this weekend that may not make a lot of sense right now, but with a baby coming, it might someday.  Yesterday I spent most of the day with my own daughter, picking up a pallet and turning it into a garden planter.  We worked on how to use a socket set, electric drill and think on your feet when throwing a woodworking project together.  We ran errands together, had dinner at a restaurant and did some light shopping.  That might seem like no big deal for some people, but for me, it's priceless, as I may have mentioned that just under 4 months ago I was in Germany on an operating table for 5 hours and kept anesthetized for 18 hours to replace four badly damaged cervical vertebra.  Before then, it would have been a rare day for me to be able to spend so much of it vertical, let alone actively passing on skills and creating memories with my daughter.  It's exactly why I put myself through that reparative surgery and why I've been going through the pain of slowly, slowly, slowly working my way back to general fitness.  It's not coming back as quickly as I'd like, but it is coming together, and I hope you see that happing little by little as you work your way back as well.

Hope to see you at a future get-together, but like snot says, hearing that you're investing in your recovery is plenty good enough for me!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • Tonik unpinned this topic