Bicycles of OR.net

Isaac's Papa

Reagan Park in Medina with the family.  Great park to hit the trails, they have different trails for each skill level plus some other cool ramps/bridges for tricks.

image1.JPG

image3.JPG

image2.JPG

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ehh...full disclaimer, I picked the first Google photo that wasn't a stock photo and was the same color. This isn't an actual picture of what I picked up, so no fenders. Mine does have the little seat bag though.

I'll get an actual pic the first time I ride it. No idea what I'm doing. I doubt I'll ever commute, it's gonna be awhile before I do any distance even I would imagine.

I've always been for function over looks. For commuting, fenders would be a must. It will be a long time before I see wet roads on a bicycle though.

I hope to be able to get to the local bike path after work and do a few miles a couple times a week. I'm not sure how I feel about riding on the road yet. Especially from my driveway, it's a busy road and a hill, big hill, in three directions. :cry:

• Upvote 1

Avoid traffic if it's possible. For exercise, the cycle path is plenty adequate. It's safer, too. 

My commuter is awesome in the wet. I have SKS Longboards on mine and they do an awesome job. I just installed a pannier rack and some Nashbar touring panniers and truck bag. I'm looking forward to some longer, over-night trips. Our cycling infrastructure over here is getting better. I take advantage of the bike paths as much as I can. My commute is 28 miles, round trip. 24 of those miles are on isolated, paved and mostly wooded (shade) cycle path. Getting out of the car and onto my bicycle was the best decision I made this year. I love commuting by bike. 

I hope it takes like it did for me. I can't imagine not riding a bicycle ever again. Seems like an odd thing to do..stop riding a bicycle. 

How can you be more pro after white bartape? color accent bottom bracket to replace my old squeaker. ( those nipples are red too)

Cheapest one i found,  my first go with enduro bearings.

It used to be simpler. came with 7 spacers a washer and 4 outer bearing sealsopy.jpg

op3.jpg

• Upvote 1

Picked up a used Specialized Dolce for the wife over the weekend. She hasn't rode a bike since she was a child. Did a short 4 mile ride through the neighborhood last night and she seemed to enjoy it. Hoping it won't take her too long to get some stamina built up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

Picked up a used Specialized Dolce for the wife over the weekend. She hasn't rode a bike since she was a child. Did a short 4 mile ride through the neighborhood last night and she seemed to enjoy it. Hoping it won't take her too long to get some stamina built up. 

Excellent. Just remember that women build muscle and stamina different than men. Don't get frustrated with her if she's not advancing as fast as you think she should be. Besides, it's supposed to be fun. And terrible. But mostly fun. Except mostly awful. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Excellent. Just remember that women build muscle and stamina different than men. Don't get frustrated with her if she's not advancing as fast as you think she should be. Besides, it's supposed to be fun. And terrible. But mostly fun. Except mostly awful. 

I'm just happy she's trying it. I'll still ride on my own to get the miles in. I just want to quickly get to the point of riding longer than it takes to pack up the bikes and driving. Hopefully the weather stays nice late into the season. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

First trip to the Metroparks with my wife. We've been doing laps in the development and thought it was time to get out. Also first time with two bikes up top. Never tested out the other bike rack since i got them off craigslist. 

We did a quick 10 mile ride averaging 15mph. She was pooped at the end but a good first ride. Hoping to get a few more in with her before the year is out. She's working, in school for her masters and precepting so doesn't leave much time to get out before it gets dark. 

20160923_162634.jpg

Edited by ludwb675
  • Upvote 1

For the longest time I collected and restored old Schwinns. At one point I had over 35 bikes in my house. I still have a bunch of old ones. Phantoms, Sting Rays, Fastbacks, Krates, Paramounts, lightweights, middleweights, etc. They can be seen here:  https://blue72beetle.smugmug.com/Schwinn/  One of my favorite old Schwinn stories is the rare 1951 Paramount Tourist I got for $160 in outstanding condition. Hung onto it for awhile, then sold it on ebay for $1,200. Another one is the one-year-only Flamingo Pink Tandem I found just a few blocks from my house. They were the original owners and won it in a radio contest in Chicago (home of the old Schwinn company) in 1977. Never rode it, the crank bearings were spotless. The one I regret selling the most was the 1971 Grey Ghost Coaster in original paint.

My real bicycle addiction is the Schwinn Homegrown line. From back when Schwinn made high end bikes before they became a walmart brand. I started a Homegrown group on Facebook, it's got nearly 500 people now and we've done some cool stuff in keeping these classic bikes going. Even have Mert Lawwill on there and some people that used to work for Schwinn. I used to ride a lot, I haven't lately, I need to get out and ride more. Problem is just like with motorcycling, northern Indiana is boring.  https://blue72beetle.smugmug.com/Homegrown/

100_1471-XL.jpg

GG1-XL.jpg

0503.jpg

P8182277-XL.jpg

100_1210-XL.jpg

P8290988-XL.jpg

Yeah, you could say I love my Homegrowns....

13412130_10205357134686748_9146281123263

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic