Bicycles of OR.net

Isaac's Papa

10 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

It's a Fuji Track Classic. I sure hope it's regulation. That's why I bought it. 

It is, but why you didnt contact them before buying is what I want to know.

Next time I am home I may grab my dad's old motobecane road bike. (I think its a motobecane). I'll probably have to do a refresh on it though, dont think he's ridden it in years. But from what I remember the thing was pretty light.

Edited by TimTheAzn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Bike. Nashbar single-speed cross bike. Kind of a shitbox, but I'm a fucking terrible rider...so it works out. Not sure why I need to make my commute harder, but apparently I'm a masochist. If I have the balls to ride it to work tomorrow, I'll weigh it for you guys. Lol

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Idiot said:

Nice color!

Nashbar frames are underrated if you ask me.  I've never seen one of their welds break.

They used to be a favorite of Crit racers 'cause they could crash 'em and not be out too much money.  Transfer components in the pits and be ready for more races tomorrow.  I've seen a metric buttload of them crashed.

I really only bought it because of the color. :)

It's alright. The tires are terrible, but better than the brakes. I guess I can't bitch for $300. I'm going to, anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

24 lbs. :)

Thats pretty porky for a SS. :D

I think my SS CrossCheck with fenders and Marathon tires was not much heavier.

I road that CrossCheck for years as my primary bicycle, including riding 60 miles of gravel hills on the Amish Country Roubaix last spring in Millersburg. I don't find the SS really much harder to ride, just a little slower on average. Mostly you have to let it coast more on down hills and be prepared to walk if it gets too steep on the climbs. Otherwise I do like the simplicity of the drive train. With minimal maintenance, it just works despite the conditions. Derailleurs get finicky about grime or corrosion from riding in muddy, wet or dusty conditions, and dont shift smoothly. The SS is much less sensitive. :)

20141026_124338-L.jpg

Adding gears does mean much less walking 

20150626_185558-L.jpg

Edited by CBBaron
  • Upvote 2

So....the single-speed is pretty much the coolest thing evar. Faster than I thought. Wow! I did find myself fingering shifters that weren't there. It's whisper quiet and man does it go, go, go! The tires weren't as big a hindrance as I anticipated. The freewheel is a bit noisy under heavy pressure. Toe overlap is a real big PITA, but I'll adapt. I put in ~25 miles and was not going slow. My legs are aware that there is a new sherrif in town. What a great after-work ride. The on-tap Chillwave and oven-fired pizza sure didn't hurt. :)

• Upvote 2

Wanted pizza. Took the Nashy to Kent for some of that and a couple beers. Second ride on it, and it was just 15 miles, but I will say it's quite a workout to try and maintain my usual 80-90 rpm cadence. I work much harder on this bastard than the Trek. Which is kind of cool, because I can get a good, solid ride inside of 20 miles, and I'm not doing 20+ mph on the cycle path. I am really digging the steel frame and fork. Such a comfortable bike to ride. I'm very pleased, so far. I will replace the brakes with higher quality components before long. I don't care for them much. 

• 3 weeks later...

Our friend decided she liked Lyns' Nishiki, which I should post pics of, btw...and she picked up this uber clean Motobecane mixte. Her husband three on new gum walls and tubes and I'm going to replace the cables and housings once she decides which color she wants. This thing is way cool. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...