Bicycles of OR.net

Isaac's Papa

some early 2000's specialized mountain bike from an actual bike shop with some 2" bontrager h2 pavement or some crap like that some place had on special. I use it road and towpath.

picture is from the fall, yellow creek rd to tremont and back. 60 miles round trip on the towpath, then another 10 miles back to my house on yellow creek.

10590443_10152679379851236_4144024158195339624_n.jpg

Edited by zx3vfr
  • Upvote 1

On March 2, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Mykill said:

Airborne Hobgoblin and Specialized Rockhopper. May get rid of one and get something more road friendly. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How do you like the hobgoblin? I debated heavily on that before I pulled the trigger on my goblin. 

Edited by oldschoolsdime92
  • Upvote 1

d53e89113f7ec7a4c73d9bab7ac4468b_zpsdei3

This old girl is 29 years old. Back in the day we got along pretty well. 2 knee surgeries and 20+ years of psoriatic arthritis have pulled us apart. I still go out but nothing like I used to. This pic was taken last summer. I also have a Trek mountain beater that gets used on occasion.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

You should let me ride that bike, Jerry. I promise I won't take it to my place and claim it as my own. 

Then you would get to experience true vintage Biopace chain rings and lightweight lugged Tange steel frame. If I am able to get serious again better tires are in order. The ones that I got talked into squirm around more than half flat knobbies on a dirt bike. Don't roll for sheet either. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mykill said:

@oldschoolsdime92 it's a good bike. I only have my rockhopper to compare it to and it's a much softer ride. It's a quality bike amd is well built. I was torn between it and the goblin. I think I would've been happy with either I just got $500 off the hobgoblin brand new so I bit. 

dont blame you. that puts it at a great price point. I have enjoyed my airborne experience for the most part. Their customer service has been solid. 

• 1 month later...

There is  a bike shop in downtown Bedford called the Broadway Cyclery. I stopped in and looked at the Surly Pugsley or the Straggler. THe Pugsley is a fat tire bike, the Straggler is more of a pavement bike. I live very close to the metropark loop. Just not sure I would make the  time to actually ride either of them.

The bike shop does rent bikes, so might plan an afternoon of a rental to find out which one i like best.