Bicycles of OR.net

Isaac's Papa

What? I have a Giant Defy Composite. Few years old. First carbon bike. Love it. 

Where? Mostly southeast of Columbus. Pickerington, Canal, Baltimore, etc. Sometimes up to New Albany, Johnstown, Utica, etc. 

Why? It started as something to do to get into better shape. Became an excuse to drink. :lol:

Edit: added photo per IP's request. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

My Trek 1.1 the day I picked it up. Unfortunately with the weather I have mostly rode it on a trainer but that will change once we get nice weather. I think I have only put about 40-50 miles on it outdoors. 

a>20150515_170451_zpsqu95nkru.jpg

My specalized hardrock disk. I really need to get this thing out in the mud soon.

230324_10200241127413608_1798011316_n_zp

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Oh... you HAVE to ride now. No way I'm letting you tout a bike like that on your roof and not bust your balls all over this board if you don't ride it. :lol:

Touche. It was an impulse buy at the time. I was walking out the door and they took another $150 off. How could i say no. :D (edit: and this was a green smiley when i first put it in. wtf.)

I had the roof rack already to haul a canoe but got both bike racks off craigslist for $35 total. That was the deal of the year last year.

Edited by ludwb675
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Habi said:

I should look for a road bike but don't think I would use it enough. Airborne for the trails at chestnut ridge though.

Don't underestimate the fun of fat slicks. I used to have some slicks that when locked up on pavement would let out a super high shriek as loud as any car's tires. Riding knobbies distance on pavement is brutal. If you like them a spare wheelset is worth not switching back and forth.

• Upvote 1

Got it fairly cheap in an auction. Assembled it and took it down the street once before I realized it needs some modification to be comfortable (mainly a new damn seat) and take it to Pauly to show me how to fix what I FUBAR'd on set up :lol: 

bike.JPG

• Upvote 1

Breaking in a soft ass is a rite of passage in riding a bike. Don't put another saddle on the bike. Put miles on the saddle. You just have to ride through the hurt until your sit bones are conditioned to being used. 

Edited by Isaac's Papa
Word choice

10 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Breaking in a soft ass is a rite of passage in riding a bike. Don't put another saddle on the bike. Put miles on the saddle. You just have to ride through the hurt until your sit bones are conditioned to being used. 

Unless your balls go numb. :) 

7 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I bought a VFR because the hard ass seat on the CBR sucked, what makes you think I'll tough this one out? :lol:

I still do need to figure out what the hell I did wrong with the chain/gearing. It doesn't work right which is another reason I haven't tried to even start put seat time on it. With everything else I have going on right now, this took a way back seat to it all

4 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Well get on it man, Tim is going to need this shortly.

I'll fit it in somewhere between: working my current job,finding a new job, starting my 2nd/side job, fixing little detail things around this house so I can sell it on my own if need be and going to the crazy amount of doctor appointments that twins bring

:D

Currently building a Look carbon fiber bike, with Campagnolo bits.  Also have a Fat Chance Yo Eddy from my last year of racing- 1998, complete with XT thumbshifters.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Upvote 1