Why do Dems even have a primary?

Tonik

Based on the votes of the people in the caucuses and primaries Bernie and Hillary are basically tied, around 50 votes each.  But because of the super delegates that can do whatever they want Hillary is ahead roughly 500 to 70. So  why do the Dems have a primary and why do they apparently hate the democratic process of actually voting?

I agree the super delegates being handed to hillary makes this a rigged contest.  If Hillary gets nominated because of that I see some defections.  I personally would vote for The Donald just because it is such a farce. 

The two party system that we have voted for and created, creates an easy arena for corruption.  We are slowly but surly heading to a one party system.  Other than a few constitutional and social disagreements, I see no difference over the last twenty years.

Not sure there is a way to educate low information voters on either side and get this country back on course.

• Upvote 1

You've hit the nail on the head Brian. I always search out the candidate that has a platform that matches the choices and changes I want to see. That always ends up being one of the independents that no one has ever heard of. I can't stand it when people tell me they voted for one of the '2' and the choice was solely because they thought they had to. I try to explain that there are other people running with views that match theirs, and they look at me like I'm a crazy person. And then they say 'well if I vote for one of those my vote won't matter, it only matters if I vote for the Dem or Repub.'. It's that thought process that has ruined the system, and why it will be nearly impossible to change.

• Upvote 1