Progressive Income Tax

ScubaCinci

9 hours ago, AreYouSerious? said:

Ha!  Only if you move companies regularly

http://talkliketheboss.com/your-company-stealing-your-salary/

Reading some of the responses sure seems like the typical millennial,  I deserve the world mentality. 

If you're unhappy with your job, start looking for a new one. If you're being under paid prove you're worth more.

when I hire in March, I tell people I'm going to pay you $XX.XXper hour.. If you stick it out through mid June and prove you're reliable and can follow simple instruction I'm going to pay you a $1 per hour bonus of every hour you work from March 15  to June 15, and if you're unhappy and want to move on, no hard feelings I'll still pay you the bonus, but if you want to stay and keep working the hard I'll straight up pay you the extra $1 per hour, all for unskilled manual labor.

• Upvote 2

On 3/5/2016 at 8:21 AM, AreYouSerious? said:

The blue collar "manual unskilled labor" world is completely different from the white collar "knowledge worker" world.  The politics, the people, the mentalities, the fragility of egos.... night and day different.

I know what you mean, and I've seen first hand how energetic, creative, productive and reliable factory workers suffer from derision, sabotage and exile heaped on by other (usually union) members threatened by a newbie's higher standards.  Nonetheless, it doesn't ultimately matter what the differences are; the "physics" of supply and demand economics apply equally.  If a person provides a high level of perceived value where it is both scarce and in high demand, then a higher price for one's products and services wins the day.  If there is low demand, high supply or a perception of mediocre-at-best quality, then a lower price wins the day.  So, unless one advocates mass murder of fellow candidates, the best, most reliable way to make a higher hourly wage is to increase the market's perception of your value, and let the whiners demonstrate how scarce it can be.

• Upvote 1

On March 5, 2016 at 8:21 AM, AreYouSerious? said:

The blue collar "manual unskilled labor" world is completely different from the white collar "knowledge worker" world.  The politics, the people, the mentalities, the fragility of egos.... night and day different.

You're right... White collar people will suck the dick of the person above them to make an extra buck.....

15 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

You're right... White collar people will suck the dick of the person above them to make an extra buck.....

This is exactly the mentality that keeps many blue collar workers, especially those who depend on union contracts to protect their mediocre performance, from being valued more by their employer.  It's no different than "the typical millennial" who maligns management when they're not put in charge of the midwest sales district two days out of high school.  It's jealousy and self-entitlement.

Let's pretend I worked for you, and I saw another coworker busting his ass to help you make your quota and improve your profitability while I grumbled to myself about how much of an ass-kisser he's being.  Would you call his productivity "sucking the dick of the person above them to make an extra buck," or just increasing their perceived value to create more opportunity for themselves?

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, smccrory said:

This is exactly the mentality that keeps many blue collar workers, especially those who depend on union contracts to protect their mediocre performance, from being valued more by their employer.  It's no different than "the typical millennial" who maligns management when they're not put in charge of the midwest sales district two days out of high school.  It's jealousy and self-entitlement.

Let's pretend I worked for you, and I saw another coworker busting his ass to help you make your quota and improve your profitability while I grumbled to myself about how much of an ass-kisser he's being.  Would you call his productivity "sucking the dick of the person above them to make an extra buck," or just increasing their perceived value to create more opportunity for themselves?

No, I literally meant dick sucking, not busting ass.

Just now, zx3vfr said:

No, I literally meant dick sucking, not busting ass.

Ah, literally, I see...  In 30 years of office work, I can count two cases of plausible superior-inferior sexual relations.  That's across seven companies and tens of thousands of coworkers.  Wait a minute, one of those cases was in Nestle's machinery plant, by... blue collar workers.

Literally my ass.

6 hours ago, smccrory said:

Ah, literally, I see...  In 30 years of office work, I can count two cases of plausible superior-inferior sexual relations.  That's across seven companies and tens of thousands of coworkers.  Wait a minute, one of those cases was in Nestle's machinery plant, by... blue collar workers.

Literally my ass.

Nestle??? Lolololololololololololololololololololol.... Great company to set the bar for moral standards.... 

6 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Nestle??? Lolololololololololololololololololololol.... Great company to set the bar for moral standards.... 

I know, right?!  Which even further undermines your point - that even in a company like Nestle there is rarely if ever sexual contact between managers and employees.

Self-limiting prejudices are a bitch.