Anyone have a car project?

redkow97

I'm in the process of getting a Jeep TJ. I bought a 2001 mustang last spring and quickly realized it wasn't for me. Drove it off an on through the summer, and just didn't have much fun with it. My plans for the TJ would include a 3-4 inch lift. 33x10.5s  some good solid bumpers and a winch. Drive to the woods and enjoy. Nothing real crazy, just some mild wheeling. I just haven't found the proper jeep yet. Dang rust buckets. 

I have my 83 T-type Regal that I am finally getting off of my can to get finished. I bought the car back in 88 while stationed at Ft. Lee in Virginia.

Interior & suspension are done, repaint comes this spring. 28 years, about time.

Engine (3.8 carb'ed turbo) has a whopping 180 horsepower. I'm going to leave it stock for now, but I am seriously thinking of throwing in an LS motor.

This pic was in Colorado Springs (worked at Phil Long Ford) probably around 1992.

buick3.jpg

Edited by ShawnR

My parents had one of those when I was a teen...don't recall the year but I know it was pretty fast. I was all charcoal grey. I recall borrowing it one evening and somehow got into a race with a Ford Taurus SHO...I don't even remember the outcome but I know we hit triple digits and I was scared shitless because I was 17 at the time and we were somewhere down in NKY. I just kept thinking that if I got caught I was going to jail.

Edited by ScubaCinci

Nice car.  I had an '86 Regal.  Nice car for the time.  Do what you like but I would leave it stock.  Can't be too many of those left.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, speedytriple said:

Yeah they are messed up? I haven't been able to post pics on here in awhile right.

Yea they are messed up.

There are three ways to post pics.  Load them up here to your gallery (hardest way).  Attach them to the post....like if they are in your phone and you are posting from that.  Or last to link to another site, like photobucket or smugmug or Flickr or something.  It looks like you are doing the last, linking to another site.

To do that you need to figure out how to get a link from that site that has   .jpg or .bmp or whatever on the end.

If I go to my smugmug and look at the page that has my Fonz picture and just post that directly:

https://jimkennedy.smugmug.com/Wizard-World-2016/i-JmNP5WK

It won't show up, but you can click on it.  If I use that same link and hit the button on the bottom right that says Insert other media and post that link with 'insert url', it won't show up.

i-JmNP5WK

But if I go to my fonz page and get the full url to the actual pic by right clicking on the pic and saying 'get 'copy image address' I get the full url with the .jpg in it.  I can just post that into the post, or use the button on the bottom right and insert url.

The key is to use a url that has the .jpg or .bmp or what ever on the end, that is a valid link all the way to the image.  Get that and you will be golden.

EDIT.  TOOK OUT MY FONZ PIC SO NOT TO MESS UP YOUR THREAD. IT WAS THERE, HONEST.

Edited by Tonik

• 7 months later...

I am supposed to get my newly built LS for my truck this week. Complete head work over, cam, titanium hardware, arp stud kits. Transmission being built and I got a new circle D stall converter. Should be fun in the s10. I built the rest of the driveline last winter, just got a set of Moser axles I need to drop in.

• Upvote 1

Not mine but might as well be.  Oldest boy has a foxbody Mustang he's building (off and on).  Motor is done and in the car.

302 with 10:1 pistons, forged rods and crank, a torque orientated cam with hydro roller lifters.  Sitting in the garage is a 9" Ford rear end about to receive 3:73 gears.  Not really a strip car but I'm looking forward to seeing some slips from Edgewater.

Not what I would have chose to build (I'm a Pontiac freak), but what the hell...it'll do what a car should do...make the owner grin.

Dad's a GM man.jpg

• Upvote 1