NEO Epic Ride HATE Parade meetup.

Tonik

15 minutes ago, Tonik said:

What ethnic group are your adopted parents?  Maybe we can find something you are good at.

White

11 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

When he was a boy he could cobble a bomb-ass pair of Nikes. 

I can still whip up a mean pair of Nikes. Dont be mad because I wont make you a pair of bicycle shoes.

Edited by TimTheAzn

18 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I'm not sure how he dosn't grind the pipes and bags flat on the bitch.

Part of a pic Killboy took a few years back of my old bike.  Not the best quality, it is hanging on the wall in my office...so this is a pic of a pic.....but you get the idea.

me.jpg

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Dont you want more lean though?

Then I would have to beg for a trailer ride to the Dragon, and would have to mock myself for trailing rather than actually riding my bike. And I would kill myself.

But I really am looking hard at an H2.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Part of a pic Killboy took a few years back of my old bike.  Not the best quality, it is hanging on the wall in my office...so this is a pic of a pic.....but you get the idea.

me.jpg

I have a similar pic of me on the C14 going through the dragon too, but on mine you can't see the sparks because the fairing is in the way. That's a awesome pic Jim.

12 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Dont you want more lean though?

Fuck lean. Everyone tells me I need to hang off the bike more to get a better lean angle and able to carry more speed. I kind of don't do it on purpose, it keeps me alive.The way I see it I'm plenty fast enough, could I go faster if I change my seating position? Yes I know I could, but id rather just keep doing what I've been doing for years, letting the bike tell me I going fast enough or too fast. If I'ride and really start railing on her and I drag a peg feeler that's my clue to back the fuck off or something bad may happen. For the big heavy bitch she is I think I get her down the road better than most do and I'm perfectly happy with that and don't have to have her towed home because I went too far.

• Upvote 3

Just now, 330racing said:

I figure if I want to ride the med fast group I'll bring the Aprilia.  Just looking for an easy ride on a new style of bike.  I'm leery of large group rides.

There will be groups created in the main thread as we get closer....so you can get a feel for how big they will be.

5 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Fuck lean. Everyone tells me I need to hang off the bike more to get a better lean angle and able to carry more speed. I kind of don't do it on purpose, it keeps me alive.The way I see it I'm plenty fast enough, could I go faster if I change my seating position? Yes I know I could, but id rather just keep doing what I've been doing for years, letting the bike tell me I going fast enough or too fast. If I'ride and really start railing on her and I drag a peg feeler that's my clue to back the fuck off or something bad may happen. For the big heavy bitch she is I think I get her down the road better than most do and I'm perfectly happy with that and don't have to have her towed home because I went too far.

Yeah, that's the smart way to ride.  Dig in there until you find the edge of your comfort zone, then back it off some.  I drag hardparts because I'm fat and squish her to the ground, not because I'm a talented rider 

10 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Yeah, that's the smart way to ride.  Dig in there until you find the edge of your comfort zone, then back it off some.  I drag hardparts because I'm fat and squish her to the ground, not because I'm a talented rider 

I'm fat too but and usually when I'm fully loaded with luggage while touring I tend to drag more easilly. I had to tighten fuck out of my suspension last year and it helped a ton, don't drag near as much as the previous year and she handles so much nicer. 

I've cranked my preload down on the GTs shock pretty good, still have some in reserve in case it's not enough once the saddles are loaded.  Seems good though, doesn't feel oversprung or pogo'ee at all right now