NEO Epic Ride HATE Parade meetup.

Tonik

Leaving Dunkin Donuts at Broadview and Pleasant Valley at 8AM.  Gas stop just before New Concord in Cambridge.  Slabbing down 77, then 21 to avoid Akron because Akron sucks then back on 77 near New Philadelphia .  Pace will be 8 to 10 over the posted limit.

If you are anywhere along the route and want to jump in we will stop and pick you up.

https://goo.gl/maps/gtbLbACpDVQ2

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Heagachongoose said:

Thats hardly appropriate. They have a website for that kind of stuff. I think it's called red tube. Lol

Red Tube....whats that? :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

He likes meat so much, he said it twice....in the same sentence

;)

4 minutes ago, whaler said:

The hate parade is fun for sure, the hate emitting off the lead bike parts the highway like God parted the Red Sea for Mosses, but you would miss 83.

Just saying...

I love you man, in a non homo way. Not that there us anything wrong with that.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 330racing said:

Tonic...what is your pace like?  Might bring the cruiser

The ride down will be 7 over on the slab.

On the route I am told in OR terms it is Medium or a little over Medium. I am one of the faster cruisers I know, but it's still a giant rolling couch with limited lean. I tend to brake late and hard getting to a corner, then roll on hard about halfway through the corner.  So the sport bikers following me can easily run their Medium as long as they are not too close to me at the end of a straight as I brake.  If they lay back a bit they can stay on it and I will be out of the corner before they get there.

Kind of hard to explain. Your 900 will do just fine, you have the HP to weight ratio to accelerate well and you can lean far more than I can.

I also run the route in reverse, so we can flip everyone off as we go by the other way.

Edited by Tonik

1 minute ago, 330racing said:

I like the flipping people off part.  New to cruiser riding but by then I should have a feel for it.  Lean angle wise I wouldn't be much better off since it's lowered

We will adjust speed if needed, that is no a problem.

38 minutes ago, 330racing said:

Tonic...what is your pace like?  Might bring the cruiser

I'm not sure how he dosn't grind the pipes and bags flat on the bitch. Jim can wheel that big pig. I think @Danimal has some good footage of Jim railing through some WV twisties. 

42 minutes ago, 330racing said:

I like the flipping people off part.  New to cruiser riding but by then I should have a feel for it.  Lean angle wise I wouldn't be much better off since it's lowered

I grind peg feelers at medium/medfast pace most every time I ride down in SEO, even though most of the turns are banked.  I'd expect to drag hardparts on a lowered bike if you tried to ride much over slow groups pace.  

Not saying DONT ride the cruiser, but it would definitely be easier to keep up on a more twisty suited machine.  But the cruiser would make the ride to and from home much more pleasant 

8 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Slow group? I'm confused. I thought the Hate Parade was rolling low and slow? 

Ok, then im confused. I'm planning on rolling like I always do on the route. YOU told me that it was medium or medium plus in OR terms the last time you followed me on the spring ride.

In the original post in this thread I talk about 7 over....that is for the slab down.

2 hours ago, RVTPilot said:

When is this parade of hate? I hate things. I wanna go.

Same day as the Epic spring ride. There is another thread about it.  This is just to get down to the start of the Epic Ride from Cleveland.  There is another group from Cleveland in another thread but I hate all those guys, so I made my own group.