Western and Central meet/ride to 5/22/2016 Epic Ride

Helmutt

Ok folks, let's meet at Competition Accessories on Sunday, May 22nd 2016, around 7:30am before fueling up at the Shell station on the corner of Leffel Ln and S Limestone ( Rt72) to trek eastward.

Competition Accessories

343 W Leffel Ln

Springfield, OH 45506

Kickstands up to be eastbound on I-70 from CompAcc @ 8am sharp.  Since this is a duplicate of last year's ride route and further east than years past, we'll keep the secondary meet point in SE Columbus, giving some southern and central Ohio area riders another collection point to hookup with an OR group to ride in with, and give us westerners a 20-30 minute break from the slab.

We should be at this secondary meet point just before 9am.

Eastland Shell Mini Mart

2191 South Hamilton Road

Columbus, OH 43232

Plan to head back out from there no later than 9:20ish to ensure we reach the Epic Ride meet point in New Concord by 10:15-10:30am.

Here's where we're heading...

https://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/109494-unofficial-epic-ride-2016-may-21-2016/

Edited by Hellmutt
Ride moved to Sunday 5/22 due to rain

Just now, JackImpact said:

Yay a ride thats close to me! I have to go there to get my damn title.

Just FYI since I know you're a new rider.   This will be about a 400 mile day in all, and a lot of interstate riding as well.   I don't want to discourage you from giving it a go, just know it's not a simple short jaunt around some backroads.   I've added a link to the Epic Ride thread that this leads up to

Yep! I know. Its kind of like a staging point for people around this area to group up before heading to the larger group. I wont go if I am not confident in my abilities. Going to get my title now so I can legally go out to practice! Also if you have some suggestions for long back roads rides around Springfield I would appreciate it greatly! Just went to Mechanicsburg and back and the wind was killer. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JackImpact said:

Yep! I know. Its kind of like a staging point for people around this area to group up before heading to the larger group. I wont go if I am not confident in my abilities. Going to get my title now so I can legally go out to practice! Also if you have some suggestions for long back roads rides around Springfield I would appreciate it greatly! Just went to Mechanicsburg and back and the wind was killer.

Good man.  Just wanted to be sure you understood beforehand.  I'm not very Springfield experienced with the good roads, but you head west and you'll find some good rides north of HuberHeights closer to Miami county.  Or head south of Dayton to the Rt 350 area and there are some good rides there as well

Edited by Hellmutt

On 2/3/2016 at 0:16 PM, JackImpact said:

I passed on the ride last year because the weather was questionable.  Would have been a long ride for me even in good conditions.   The crew here was understanding and only fucked with me enough to make me cry on the inside.  I still go to therapy twice a week.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wojo72 said:

I passed on the ride last year because the weather was questionable.  Would have been a long ride for me even in good conditions.   The crew here was understanding and only fucked with me enough to make me cry on the inside.  I still go to therapy twice a week.  

Wife and I probably should've cancelled on the spring epic ride last year.  We live 30 minutes north of I-70 and barely 30 minutes east of Indiana, so we had over a 2.5 hour ride home in the sub 50 degrees pouring rain, and without rain gear.  We bought FrogTogs before our gap trip last summer, so lesson obviously learned.  You made the right call skipping, the ride was fine until halfway through the ride route, from then on it was soak city.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hey there. I'm Def gonna trailer this year...I would ride if we were going to hocking...but I've damn near drowned the last two years with all the rain...lol..especially on the Interstate.. I'll meet u all over there. I'll b in your group as always hellmut. 

• Upvote 2

JACKIMPACT....where r u from bro and what r u riding. From Springfield by chance? I am and so is o-no-moto...there will b 5 of us going from Springfield thus year.. u sound like a newer rider. Weather permitting it would b great to get u out and use to the bike. Let us no. More than happy to meet up sometime.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

JACKIMPACT....where r u from bro and what r u riding. From Springfield by chance? I am and so is o-no-moto...there will b 5 of us going from Springfield thus year.. u sound like a newer rider. Weather permitting it would b great to get u out and use to the bike. Let us no. More than happy to meet up sometime.

Jack, if I dont manage to meet up with you for some ride time - these guys can definitely help you learn some stuff too.....they're all good riders

On 2/4/2016 at 7:39 PM, Hellmutt said:

Wife and I probably should've cancelled on the spring epic ride last year.  We live 30 minutes north of I-70 and barely 30 minutes east of Indiana, so we had over a 2.5 hour ride home in the sub 50 degrees pouring rain, and without rain gear.  We bought FrogTogs before our gap trip last summer, so lesson obviously learned.  You made the right call skipping, the ride was fine until halfway through the ride route, from then on it was soak city.  

I didn't own a rain suit before that ride. And of course it stopped raining as soon as I got home.

I bought a rain suit as soon as I warmed up and dried off after that ride, kinda like an anti-rain charm.

Even so, New Concord to C-bus in the rain was interesting to say the least.

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM, what said:

See you guys at the Columbus stop.

Sweet -- another triple threat to the pack!

6 hours ago, TheBrown57 said:

Going to aim to have the ZZR up and running before this.

Get crackin' on it pistachio!

6 hours ago, Strictly Street said:

I didn't own a rain suit before that ride. And of course it stopped raining as soon as I got home.

I bought a rain suit as soon as I warmed up and dried off after that ride, kinda like an anti-rain charm.

Even so, New Concord to C-bus in the rain was interesting to say the least.

The rain may have stopped just before we got home as well last year.   Always the case.  Kind of like looking for something and it's ALWAYS in the last place you look :D

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey bro...so I'm debating whether to ride as always or trailer this year..I have more guys going than I have trailers for...lol...most likely I'll see u at competition at 730...I'll Def keep u posted.

4 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

Hey bro...so I'm debating whether to ride as always or trailer this year..I have more guys going than I have trailers for...lol...most likely I'll see u at competition at 730...I'll Def keep u posted.

However you want to do it man.  Trailering definitely helps the trip back home suck a lot less.  Hopefully the weather forecast changes and we have an awesome ride.