unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

Thanks for the Ride!

728.4 miles

It was great to met several of ya, Jon,Jen,Jason,Dubie and see Nivin again!

Too bad there will be "LOST FOOTAGE" of our Group. I saw 3 Gopros fling to the side of the road and 1 License Plate! :)

Looking forward to Riding with some of ya this season for a 1-2 day ride or Next year 2017 Epic Ride!

• Upvote 2

Hey guys, I was the dude with the White Gixxer 750 that linked up with the NEO group in Wooster.

After 250+ miles total I was pooped and knocked out when I got home.

Just want to say thanks for the great ride. Had a blast and learned a lot and definately increased my confiden by a million riding with you guys. 

Being that I'll be moving back to Florida in the summer, it'll be my only Epic ride, but hopefuy I'll get to link up with a few of you all before I move to ride again.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Anselm Dewar said:

Hey guys, I was the dude with the White Gixxer 750 that linked up with the NEO group in Wooster.

After 250+ miles total I was pooped and knocked out when I got home.

Just want to say thanks for the great ride. Had a blast and learned a lot and definately increased my confiden by a million riding with you guys. 

Being that I'll be moving back to Florida in the summer, it'll be my only Epic ride, but hopefuy I'll get to link up with a few of you all before I move to ride again.

You are famous now, don't you know?  You are doing the GDFR dance...  See previous posts :)

3 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

You didn't have 3.5 minutes to watch the whole thing :(  I'm disappointed. 

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

He will have an excuse for that.

My excuse would be the induced crippling depression 

10 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

For those who wondered what 83 on the southern end looked like, here is Shoop and I's ride up from Beverly on 83.

83 is one of  my favorite roads. That stretch between 60 and 78 has some of the best sweepers in the state. 

Caught the only pucker moment of the ride.... Felt a lot more dramatic than it looked. Caused me to run a tad wide, I think because I (my body position) stood up a little. I think I should have stayed more low and inside and maybe I wouldn't have crossed center.

https://vimeo.com/167812581

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

Here's a compilation of some of the initial footage.  Might be worthwhile to watch to the end :)

Funny thing is, yall didn't know I'm in a dance crew from Tampa Florida haha

Don't copy my dance move ladies n gents!

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, jschaf said:

You did the best thing, which is nothing. The bike will self correct in a slide. Your body position has little to do with what the bike must do to other than allowing you to not fall off & keep loose on the bars, while maintaining a steady throttle. You're definitely improving.

Best advice ever given on OR.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Caught the only pucker moment of the ride.... Felt a lot more dramatic than it looked. Caused me to run a tad wide, I think because I (my body position) stood up a little. I think I should have stayed more low and inside and maybe I wouldn't have crossed center.

https://vimeo.com/167812581

Sent from my iPhone.

Was it you countersteering out of some rear slide, or the front tucking a bit and recovering on it's own?  Hard to tell from the vid, maybe some debris on the road?  Either way it looks like you were digging into those corners pretty good. :metal:

9 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

Was it you countersteering out of some rear slide, or the front tucking a bit and recovering on it's own?  Hard to tell from the vid, maybe some debris on the road?  Either way it looks like you were digging into those corners pretty good. :metal:

The front gave me a little wiggle. I was already countersteering into the corner and when they let go, I feel like I stopped the input on the bars so you saw it countersteer a bit more (when it let go) and then came back to a neutral position. There was apparently some gravel on the road that I didnt see. Tpoppa saw me slide a bit and still didnt see it until he came up onto it. I'll have to figure out why gopro studio keeps shitting the bed every time I try and edit an 8 minute clip. If I figure that out I'll post the other videos that I have.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

The front gave me a little wiggle. I was already countersteering into the corner and when they let go, I feel like I stopped the input on the bars so you saw it countersteer a bit more (when it let go) and then came back to a neutral position. There was apparently some gravel on the road that I didnt see. Tpoppa saw me slide a bit and still didnt see it until he came up onto it. I'll have to figure out why gopro studio keeps shitting the bed every time I try and edit an 8 minute clip. If I figure that out I'll post the other videos that I have.

I had nothing but problems with GoPro Studio. It kept locking up. I am using Premiere CS5 now.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'll have to figure out why gopro studio keeps shitting the bed every time I try and edit an 8 minute clip. If I figure that out I'll post the other videos that I have.

if you're just trying to convert filetype, mpeg streamclip is your bestest best friend.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

I dont want to pay for software :(

I have a sony vegas crack if you want it.  Works too but not quite as refined program as Adobe Premiere but great if you don't wanna pay for Premiere

Just now, DerekClouser said:

I have a sony vegas crack if you want it.  Works too but not quite as refined program as Adobe Premiere but great if you don't wanna pay for Premiere

Yea, I dont want something fancy. So long as I can trim clips basically....