unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

4 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

Home.

I had a very nice time today. It was nice to hang out after the ride talking to everyone.

Damn bike broke on the ride home though. Lost third gear, I hope that is the extent of the damage. What a slow 100 mile ride home.

Bummer!  Glad you got home safely at least.  

Just got home myself, great day for a ride.  Thanks for all the organizers for this, good start to the season.

I am home safe and just want to say that I had a blast and enjoyed meeting everyone. I rode with Tonics group and can't wait to get out again on such a fun ride. Thanks for the great event and great food after. 

Jeff

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

Home.

I had a very nice time today. It was nice to hang out after the ride talking to everyone.

Damn bike broke on the ride home though. Lost third gear, I hope that is the extent of the damage. What a slow 100 mile ride home.

I was wondering why I didn't see a flash of red go by me on the way up 83. Good luck with the repairs on that.

Got home a little bit ago. Great ride. Thanks @Uncle Punk........ and at one point @Tpoppa for leading the group :lol:. Thanks for the sweep Tony.

Great to see everyone as always. It was also great to meet a fair amount of new faces. I hope to see all of you guys and gals again.

@Isaac's Papa thanks for the tow home, and the pants. They worked out great.

...And looks like I got home just in time for a work emergency! Perfect....

• Upvote 1

Home safe n sound.  465 miles total.  Thanks to Derek for organizing the ride, fetching the chow, and the whole tee-spring "shituation".  Brian and his family for the food prep and service.  All the folks in my group for tolerating my usual wrong turn or two.  Glad everyone kept it on 2 wheels ( but me ), but it's minimal damage and my pride's bruised worse than the bike.  Happy with the day, the weather, the route, and my new Sprint.  Hope to see a lot of you again at the Gap in a couple weeks

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Idiot said:

It was very cool to meet you folks!

Here's a few pics of you pre-ride.  Maybe next year I'll be able to ride with you all.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskANZQXB

Dont believe I made it around to shaking your hand, but nice shots man!

58 minutes ago, Idiot said:

It was very cool to meet you folks!

Here's a few pics of you pre-ride.  Maybe next year I'll be able to ride with you all.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskANZQXB

Fine job on the pics. You even got my "Shirley Temple Side", aw shucks... :)

Anyway, fast time to posting from the event! Pretty awesome instant sports journalism!

33 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Home safe n sound.  465 miles total.  Thanks to Derek for organizing the ride, fetching the chow, and the whole tee-spring "shituation".  Brian and his family for the food prep and service.  All the folks in my group for tolerating my usual wrong turn or two.  Glad everyone kept it on 2 wheels ( but me ), but it's minimal damage and my pride's bruised worse than the bike.  Happy with the day, the weather, the route, and my new Sprint.  Hope to see a lot of you again at the Gap in a couple weeks

No need to be down in pride sir. We all make mistakes. I almost rode away with my H2O pack on the side of my bike. We aren't perfect, but it we are all awesome riders.

Edited by bshultz0930
  • Upvote 1