Who are the OG members of OR??

330racing

Don't know when I originally joined but I know it was before the great crash. My official join date shows as 2009 on my profile but it was earlier.  Pretty sure that was a result of the great crash.

I consider OG to be anyone from the Golden age of OR. Say pre-2012 or so.

Wish we could get some more bike night and official gatherings going again. Those were a lot of fun and made the forum pretty tight as we could put faces to screen names.  I've made lots of friends here over the years.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Was he being serious? I can't imagine anybody finding a reason to fight you. You're just about the most laid back person I've ever known. 

I never even spoke to the guy during the ride.  I showed up as the group was rolling out & rode sweep until I was asked to lead.

He seemed serious in that thread.  He said a few things to the effect of he was going to find me sooner or later.  It could have been a case of internet muscles.

what's he going to do if he finds you?  chase you down angrily and give you silent emo rage stares but then pout when a cadillac separates him from you in normal every day traffic?  then write angry forums posts about it afterwards and tell you all the things he might have done if only you hadn't been saved by that cadillac?

derpderpderpolicious

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jbot said:

what's he going to do if he finds you?  chase you down angrily and give you silent emo rage stares but then pout when a cadillac separates him from you in normal every day traffic?  then write angry forums posts about it afterwards and tell you all the things he might have done if only you hadn't been saved by that cadillac?

derpderpderpolicious

I've had a few give me the same kinda attitude - not from OR though. They get pissed if you pass them and dance off into the sunset without them. Dunno how that affects their ride in any way.

I lurked on here for a very long time before I actually joined. It seemed like a group of Dick heads who all knew each other. I didn't want to be sucked into that bullshit.

Fuck.  Jokes on me.

I kid. I love you gays. Those early years were a blast.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2016 at 11:02 AM, max power said:

Wish we could get some more bike night and official gatherings going again. Those were a lot of fun and made the forum pretty tight as we could put faces to screen names.  I've made lots of friends here over the years.

Yeah, that stuff was a lot of fun back in the day.  I haven't been to QSL bike night in forever. Used to go all the time, meet at Shell, roll over to QSL, roll down to Taco Bell, go home haha. 

I really liked when we had our own bike night at Lodge Bar too, because it was so close to my house. Even though that place sucked otherwise, and the staff ended up being dickwads. 

• Upvote 1

I joined May of '08.  Was persuaded over here from CR after I bought my first bike.  Always felt like I missed out on a lot of stuff living down here in Cincy, don't post much as a result.  I did make it to a couple of OR Anniversary Scavenger Hunts though.  That was MUCH fun!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, myhondas said:

Thought I was a newbe.....but 6/10 was awhile ago in some parts of the time space continuum:lol:

Same here. But I think there's something like "in dog years" for forums. Maybe one year is equal to 10 "Forum Years" or some shit.

Edited by Earache
typo
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Cdubyah said:

So the real question is; what are we doing to celebrate 10 years?

How about an epic cross country trip; say a ride to Las Vegas or Cali and back?

I took Casper andf ShittyGixer to Utah / Colorado / New Mexico and back a few years ago and we had a blast. Be fun to do something like that again with a bigger group. Don;'t have to ride all day together, just end the days at the same place.

9 hours ago, Earache said:

How about an epic cross country trip; say a ride to Las Vegas or Cali and back?

I took Casper andf ShittyGixer to Utah / Colorado / New Mexico and back a few years ago and we had a blast. Be fun to do something like that again with a bigger group. Don;'t have to ride all day together, just end the days at the same place.

That would be awesome. 

Don't know what yr it was but it was after the year first time I rode with Casper Max power gump and some other bubbys Xr8 I was squiding on a special with hysterical plates and original tires I had to be the laughingstock of the group but it was more legal than the gsxr I had sitting in my basement that wasn't mine with expired tags and today I'm finally legit after some community service and stuff

Edited by marlboro man
  • Upvote 2