CLE Area Newbie

wolfeman28

Howdy all. Not new to the Cleveland area, but new on the site. Browsed these forums for a while but never made an account. Got furloughed last month from work so I have some time to waste on the interwebs now.

Been riding bikes in some shape or form for 20 years. Started off with modern machines and have slowly drifted to older and smaller. Currently building a few bikes for specific race purposes but the money is tight now so may take a while. Finished a 400 that will likely see the 3 Ohio mile events this year, and if the motor feels stout on the dyno I may use it as my street bike as well. Seems to idle well enough for it. Going to try and ride it to the IMS show to break the rings in.

See you all around.

3 hours ago, Ryan_c_F said:

Lyndhurst here. Interesting that you're regressing to older machines. Any reason that doesn't involve cans of PBR and carefully-vintage-looking helmets?

No vintage helmets and PBR here. I have short hair and no facial hair, so the hipster crowd wouldn't let me join.

I think it started when you could go buy 10 older bikes for the same price of a new one. Unfortunately you can't do that anymore thanks to the hipsters driving up the prices of the old stuff. It's also nice (for the most part) to ride a bike where 100% of the power is usable within the speed limit. Keeps me legal :)

What kind of projects do you have going?  I'm starting to like the simpler, older stuff myself.

I'm casually looking for an air-cooled 125cc 2-stroke bike with a dirt chassis, or an air-cooled 200cc 4-stroke.  Anything that is Formula 1 legal for OMRL, but also cheap to buy and maintain...  I know whatever i end up with won't be as quick as a CRF 150R, but if it can be close for half as much money, I'll call that a win.

23 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

What kind of projects do you have going?  I'm starting to like the simpler, older stuff myself.

I'm casually looking for an air-cooled 125cc 2-stroke bike with a dirt chassis, or an air-cooled 200cc 4-stroke.  Anything that is Formula 1 legal for OMRL, but also cheap to buy and maintain...  I know whatever i end up with won't be as quick as a CRF 150R, but if it can be close for half as much money, I'll call that a win.

I've got a beat rz350. Still debating weather to fix it up and use it as is, or pull the motor and use it in a RS250. I have enough parts to finish a RD400 as well, but will take a lot of work.

Okay, so you're into old 2-strokes. 

Are you active on teh WERA board?   I was over there talking to a guy who has a basketcase RZ350 for sale.  A friend of mine was looking for a 2-stroke race bike, but now the guy is PMing me :p

4 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Okay, so you're into old 2-strokes. 

Are you active on teh WERA board?   I was over there talking to a guy who has a basketcase RZ350 for sale.  A friend of mine was looking for a 2-stroke race bike, but now the guy is PMing me :p

No but I should be. If I ever got it done it will be a track bike.
If the RZ is a good price, grab it up. From what I've seen people are asking almost double now compared to a year ago.

• 2 months later...