What's it worth? 1974 XL175

okeefe01

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to buy a 1974 Honda XL175.  It looks like it is in good shape.  I am going to look at it on Saturday.  They were asking $1100, but they have been trying to see it for a while.  I offered $800, and they said they would consider it.  

So, is it worth $800 assuming it runs well and is in good shape?

I have a DT125, but don't have a title for it.  They have a title for this, so I could hit the roads and the trails with it.  And being a four stroker, it might be a little more fun puttering on trails.

Let me know what you think.

I forgot about them being 6 volt. I think they were wired so that the ignition and lights work off of the battery versus off of the alternator. So a dead battery means your dead in the water.

True. Bike runs off battery, alternator charges battery. Dead battery = fucked.

I have an aversion to the double-shock dirt/trail bikes.  Not saying I wouldn't own one, but I wouldn't pay more than $600-$700 for one...  If it's in great shape, and 'worth' $1100, so what?  You don't want a great bike from 1974, you want a cheap bike that you can beat up on the trails.  For the same $1100, you can find mid-late 90's enduros...  Maybe $1500 is more realistic for that age range, but my point is for a few hundred more, you can get a MUCH better bike.  Kawasaki made some good little enduros.

• Upvote 1