Great Salt Flats.

Tonik

Well  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ride your bike on the salt flats?

I did it in a car once, it was a blast.

Would you do it on your bike? I am going to be out there this summer on my bike.

I normally don't do salt.  Put the bike away yesterday morning because I know that Sunday night would be the beginning of salt season.  But it sure is tempting.  Yea, you can wash it right away but you won't get it all and the wash job will dissolve some of it...it will get in the little corners and connectors......

Edited by Tonik

I wouldn't.

But there is a car wash just west of the Flats at Wendover, NV. I'd head directly there if I did ride on the Flats.

But it's not always dry, either. This summer's test session was canceled as there was just too much water on top of the salt. Resulting in a very muddy-like surface. If it;s like that, I wouldn't even walk in it.

• Upvote 1

I can rev out the 675 anywhere lol. 

If I still had the liter I'd take that. Not many places or opportunities to just WOT until 170+ :)

You would probably die a horrible death in a cloud of salt dust.  But with a big grin on your face.  It isn't that naturally smooth and can go away in a hurry. In a heartbeat the salt can sink...it is laying on top of mud for the most part.  For the races and speed runs they survey it, layout a solid run and then smooth it out. Google is telling me it is pretty f'd up right now and they have canceled speed week the last two years.

..... Google is telling me it is pretty f'd up right now and they have canceled speed week the last two years.

And we''re having record snows so  far this year out here in the hills. All of the water on the Falts is snow melt from the mountains. It's gonna take a lot to dry the place out this summer, too.

Still, cool place to go.

You would probably die a horrible death in a cloud of salt dust.  But with a big grin on your face.  It isn't that naturally smooth and can go away in a hurry. In a heartbeat the salt can sink...it is laying on top of mud for the most part.  For the races and speed runs they survey it, layout a solid run and then smooth it out. Google is telling me it is pretty f'd up right now and they have canceled speed week the last two years.

I was under the assumption this was the "setup" when the question was asked. It's not like I would just pull onto it whenever and do top speed runs lol. I'd do this if it were an official event with the prepped surface.

Edited by TimTheAzn