Nelson Ledges

TRMN8TR

Track is awesome!!!  Nice and smooth.  You actually have to get used to cone markers and small pavement seems now instead of patches and bumps.  It's really fast too.  Totally worth it now.  Even in the heavy down-pouring rain today the track was really good. Bike hugged the track like it should. Good turn out today and lots of happy faces.

• Upvote 1

What a great day today! Weather was perfect; sorry guys that went yesterday. 

I give the new pave a 8/10. For a fresh repave, there are a lot of places where it seems they already patched. Almost seems like every corner. Not sure if maybe they used better asphalt in the corners for better wear. But if i hit the seam of the patch, i would get loose. The bump in the kink is still there as well as the bump under the bridge. If you take the kink about mid-track, it's not bad at all. But there were no potholes and the rest of the track was smooth. 

I was running in the upper teens by the end of the day if i got clear laps but there was a bunch of traffic today. You really notice the 1/2 mile missing from Mid-O. 

Big shout out to Sam and the new owners for getting this going again. I will be going back. 

Edited by ludwb675
  • Upvote 4

Last session at Nelson Ledges. I'm the lead bike with orange/gray fairings with yellow on the suit. Body positioning looking pretty good but still need to get my head out a bit more. Thanks Mike for filming!

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

missed this update.  Glad to see the improvement.

Are there bathrooms yet, or just portable toilets?   Is the 'tech shed' still standing? 

What did the days cost?  I'm softening the wife on a shitty street/track bike by sending her links to cars that cost 3-4 times what I'd spend on a bike :p 

41 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

missed this update.  Glad to see the improvement.

Are there bathrooms yet, or just portable toilets?   Is the 'tech shed' still standing? 

What did the days cost?  I'm softening the wife on a shitty street/track bike by sending her links to cars that cost 3-4 times what I'd spend on a bike :p 

There are bathrooms, with toilets that flush.  And by tech shed, do you mean a drive thru barn?  If so, then yes.  lol

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I cant wait to get on this new pavement...... Nelsons looks like my kind of track.

So you're saying your kind of track is the kind that looks super sketchy at 7am, like you're going to some foggy, janky farm where weird things happen?  At least that was my first thought when I pulled in... It's no wonder Ron said he liked it so much.  :D

I definitely want to go back, I have to say the last corner before the front straight ended up being my favorite.  

Go to leantd.com for the link to the track days. Hopefully, next year will bring some additional improvements like track curbing, new bathrooms and a remodel of the scoring building and tech sheds.  The ownership there is doing it right. There is a 10 year fix it up plan. Several years of neglect doesn't get fixed over night. I like what I see and hear from the new owner.  Keeping the things that were unique to the track is part of that vision.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, blue-yamaR6s said:

Go to leantd.com for the link to the track days. Hopefully, next year will bring some additional improvements like track curbing, new bathrooms and a remodel of the scoring building and tech sheds.  The ownership there is doing it right. There is a 10 year fix it up plan. Several years of neglect doesn't get fixed over night. I like what I see and hear from the new owner.  Keeping the things that were unique to the track is part of that vision.

How much does a day run, now that the new pavement is down?  I'm used to paying like $95/day, with a discount for booking both days...  Factor in inflation since 2008.  I think I only raced at Nelson after that, no track days.

4 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

How much does a day run, now that the new pavement is down?  I'm used to paying like $95/day, with a discount for booking both days...  Factor in inflation since 2008.  I think I only raced at Nelson after that, no track days.

$95 a day for any track day. HAH!

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

How much does a day run, now that the new pavement is down?  I'm used to paying like $95/day, with a discount for booking both days...  Factor in inflation since store .  I think I only raced at Nelson after that, no track days.

I believe it is $170 for the pre-registration fee...(10 days prior to event) still cheaper than midohio and others. 

Edited by blue-yamaR6s