Nelson Ledges

TRMN8TR

3 hours ago, i-Zapp said:

yeh i kinda figured, but wondering why he'd pick that vehicle to promote his event, vs posting in other well established forums like OR (as a new thread), N2, MS, etc.....

Can't really put it on MS or N2 as they run their own days. I believe he's trying to start up a new trackday org.

56 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Don't see what's any different than when we rode there couple years ago from a safety standpoint. 

And any new pavement has to be better than what it was before. 

I'm in!!!! I can't wait to get back out there. 

I've never run the track so I don't know the situation. I guess I'm just wary of paying full price on opening day of a "new" facility. 

/shrug

19 hours ago, blue03636 said:

Can't really put it on MS or N2 as they run their own days. I believe he's trying to start up a new trackday org.

the more the merrier. i will be signing up and wishing that many others do too.

i'm just wondering how he's going to get to those "many others". hell, i'm an acquaintance of Sam's and I JUST heard about it on this thread that i happen to be subscribed to.

certainly MS would be amenable to it???...(without Nelson's what is MS anyways?)

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:54 AM, blue03636 said:

July 22/23

Sam Wang one of the MS peeps is putting it on.

what is this guy experience ?he have ambulance,experience corner workers at his event,any control riders?if yes what are their experience?

I will like to go,but not with somebody I never heard off.

I check his website there is 0 info about him,or how he going run his event.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:54 AM, blue03636 said:

As they say, Once you go new black top you never go sideways :) 

will try one day for sure sometime in august if dates available, and might become "atracked" to it 

is this more "straights" kinda track? From drone views it looks like lot of straight sessions? 

Edited by NinjaDoc

13 hours ago, rusty said:

what is this guy experience ?he have ambulance,experience corner workers at his event,any control riders?if yes what are their experience?

I will like to go,but not with somebody I never heard off.

I check his website there is 0 info about him,or how he going run his event.

I would ask him. There will have to be ambulance and corner workers as the last org there got in major trouble with the tracks insurance for not providing this. As for Sam's experience he lead novice with MS and has race in motoamerica. I have no clue who he has for coaches. 

Never been to NL, but heard lots of comments from friends who race about the bad pavement.  But Sweet Mother of Akron...is this that mystical place where old tires go to die?  Must be a mosquito haven in the summer!!!

On 6/6/2017 at 3:42 PM, ludwb675 said:

Don't see what's any different than when we rode there couple years ago from a safety standpoint. 

And any new pavement has to be better than what it was before. 

I'm in!!!! I can't wait to get back out there. 

The speeds will be different. At least they should be. I can't predict how much faster everyone will be in any given corner, but the new surface will open up potential for greater speed.  

That means that if you go down, you're sliding further ...at a track where tire walls were already closer than ideal with the slower speeds on the old surface. 

I would still ride it.  But I would want to ride it, walk it, and ride it again before I raced it... 

I just had this conversation with a guy online chris... the dude tried to argue that it wouldn't be an issue if you rode within your limits you'd never go of track.... after explaining about  pushing limits slowly sometimes we all make mistakes... or  maybe some one else causes you to go off track... his argument changed to well look at the TT riders and IRRL they race on public roads all the time... and stay within their limits.. haha... he negated to answer me when I talked about how there is at least 1 death almost every year at the TT and that he should talk to WERA, CCS, omrl, motoamerica , BSB, WSBK and MOTOgp about staying on the track and in their limits...

11 minutes ago, TwiztedRabbit said:

I just had this conversation with a guy online chris... the dude tried to argue that it wouldn't be an issue if you rode within your limits you'd never go of track.... after explaining about  pushing limits slowly sometimes we all make mistakes... or  maybe some one else causes you to go off track... his argument changed to well look at the TT riders and IRRL they race on public roads all the time... and stay within their limits.. haha... he negated to answer me when I talked about how there is at least 1 death almost every year at the TT and that he should talk to WERA, CCS, omrl, motoamerica , BSB, WSBK and MOTOgp about staying on the track and in their limits...

I thought I was well within my limits both times I went down this season.....

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, what said:

Not a good track for slow bikes judging from that video...lol.

Will probably try it out next year at some point. 

Well, in the past we've seen some very intense 250 class battles... unlikely the repave will affect their lap times much, they were flat out all the time anyway!

27 minutes ago, DesmoDuc said:

Well, in the past we've seen some very intense 250 class battles... unlikely the repave will affect their lap times much, they were flat out all the time anyway!

Was more thinking an sv650 vs a 1000rr at the same time, aka open class track day. 

It'd be all kinds of fun if everyone was running the same displacement.