Nelson Ledges

TRMN8TR

No way...tire removal & repave would only make sense scheduled together or rapid succession.  Then you would have to include future runoff & barriers before any paving action to prevent damage to the new surface.  Once it starts, track is completely down for awhile imho

53 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea the person I know that ran it during a private track day recently is being a dick and not responding to my simple question of, have they started any kind of work yet.

You seem to have a hard time getting along with people. 

So it's still same bumpy place! 

I was going to go in on a rental with 9 other drivers for a car track day awhile back but that kind of fell through. If I remember right it was $2,000 for the day but you got no corner workers, ambulance or anything like that. Those could be added but of course the price goes up. They said that they did repave a couple small sections and that we could come walk the track if we wanted before we rented it but we never took advantage of it. Also they said that they could only have 6 cars on track at a time due to their insurance. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DesmoDuc said:

Just unreasonably hopeful.  No matter. I'll ride at mid Ohio, do the vintage day event, and whatever else I can make time for

There is a pretty large group of us going to Road atlanta mid April if your interested.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, DesmoDuc said:

Just unreasonably hopeful.  No matter. I'll ride at mid Ohio, do the vintage day event, and whatever else I can make time for

Sorry.  I wasn't trying to be a dick. 

...okay, I was a little - but it was in the name of humor, not to make you look/feel dumb. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 7:57 AM, i-Zapp said:

Facebook update from nelsons. Sounds like the grand plan for 17 is just patching and replacement vs repave, and "maybe" on bikes...

Lame. They need to bulldoze the entire place and start over. Not patch problem areas. Looks like it wont be a viable track anytime soon. Maybe the 2019 season???

That has to be just the car pricing. Can't get nearly as many cars on at a time as bikes.

They would have to drop the price below $150 for me to even think about going back before a total repave. Last time i was there was 2015 and it was awful. Even the non-pothole sections were really bumpy. 

Mido has taken sections out to reduce/eliminate the bumps as has PIRC in the past. The back straight on PIRC was a total washboard for years until they repave it about 5-6 years ago and it happened again in time for this full repave. Bumpy tracks just mean you need to be on the gas to eliminate the shock to the bike. I get it, some people don't deal well with bumps, it's an easy fix, just don't go back until something is done. I'm just saying you will be hard pressed to find a track that hasn't patched/paved in the last 5 years that isn't bumpy. The problem is that Nelsons hasn't had anything done to it in about 20 years. He's going to need to start from somewhere and the EPA and other issues come up if the fully shut the track down for a year. I doubt he wants to dump a full repave in to something that he's not fully sure of the future of. Once the EPA and whatever else he has going on gets sorted I would bet that he repaves the place.