Nelson Ledges

TRMN8TR

1 hour ago, Soren said:

Ron loves penis

Man have I missed this place.  This is very true, I can confirm he does love the c*ck, a lot.  I heard they are making a Panda Bear exhibit at Nelson for Jinu.  Just letting it over run with Bamboo and crap.

On 3/22/2016 at 3:04 PM, RHill said:

hurry up and wait time......

just hope the new owner has a bug in his ear when it comes to motorcycle related safety concerns

that's probably the biggest concern.

If you're a car guy, and you're not really worried about renting the track to bikes, why would you go out of your way to keep it 'bike friendly?'    Perhaps the motorcycle community should be focusing on fund-raising for airfence.

• 4 weeks later...

Drove by on my way to visit my parents on Saturday. Nothing else has changed from the pictures on the previous page that i could tell. Tech shed and barn/headquarters still standing. Hoping the get moving now that the weather is breaking so they can open next year.

Edited by ludwb675

Tracks are expensive to maintain and to fix Nelsons is going to cost millions. I would think he would want to recoup as much cost as possible as a business man. And he has to know there is a large group of people that would love to come back there. 

*Wishful thinking* 

Mmmm yeah, definitely going with repairing and re-opening the track as a public venue for profit, not some crazy ass act of an insane but  wealthy man-child building his mancave kingdom. Don't get me wrong, if he did, he would get all the respect from me, but I just really doubt it unless he has some completely lethal illness that's hanging over his head and he just wants to do crazy things like buy the most expensive porsche or Ferrari ever.... Oh wait... Fuck me man, I dunno.  

Barber did it and sunk millions with only the thought of riding/driving his collection on his perfect track.  Was almost complete when the idea of making it a public venue was brought to light and they rebuilt half the track and grounds.

Anything is possible at this point.

I would tend to agree that a revenue stream is advisable, but it's also a huge hassle...

Yeah, more people using the track means more revenue, but it also means more wear, greater insurance costs, more noise, (probably not an issue in Garrettsville), and so on and so forth.  I guess what I'm getting at is that it adds a LOT of work for relatively minimal profit.  I'd be seriously interested to see their business plan and expense ledger - even without the repave. 

• 4 weeks later...

quote from Nelson's facebook page today. sounds encouraging!

Significant renovations are happening now at Nelson Ledges Road Course, but we will remain partially open for 2016! Your safety is our number one concern and we understand your urge to get back on the track quickly. It will take time to make these improvements, so we hope to have your patience and understanding as we are renovating while maintaining track availability. To all of the racing enthusiasts that have been to the track in the recent years, you most likely have noticed the hundreds of thousands of tires that have been questionably collected over many years. We have been working with local and state officials to try to solve this hazardous issue. You, our fans, and our team included, wanted to repave the track this year. However, the large transportation vehicles used to remove the abundance of tires would bring damage to the freshly paved asphalt.

Along with repaving the surface, we also have exciting plans to build garages, create an elegant clubhouse, and welcome other track motorsports! We will share more detail on these great enhancements to the track at a later date.

We decided not to close the track completely because we understand your passion for Nelson! We have had overwhelming demand from people asking to use the track as is. Therefore, our plan is to allow private track days this year. The track condition itself is in fair condition and the facilities around the track are in poor condition, so we will reflect that in our pricing this summer. Unfortunately, our insurance will not allow motorcycles to be on the track until our improvements are completed. The only way around this would be for the group to have their own policy. Currently, our policy will allow 6 cars to be on the track at a time, but we can have as many waiting as we want. Also, if the group has their own policy we can increase the number of cars on the track.

The current private pricing is $2000 per day from Monday-Thursday and $2500 per day from Friday-Sunday for this summer only! Gates will open at 9:00 am and close at 5:00pm and accepting groups of any size. We ask you to contact us at least two weeks ahead as the calendar will fill up quickly. This is the last year of old Nelson Ledges, so please take advantage of it.

If you have not visited Nelson Ledges Road Course or would like to walk the track to see the condition before you rent, we encourage you to do so.

Please contact us by email at info@nelsonledges.com for booking, scheduling, and more information.

We appreciate your patience and support, 
-The enthusiastic team at Nelson Ledges Road Course!

Good luck with the tires! That's going to be an expensive en devour. Kind of surprised they don't just leave them. 

I hope when they repave, they fix the base as well or it will just do the same thing all over again. 

Either way i'm excited and hope they pave at the end of the year for next season. 

6 hours ago, DesmoDuc said:

So, in theory, someone could rent the track for club racing IF they had their own insurance, corner workers and provide an ambulance?

From the sounds of it, that could be possible if the owner approved.

I'd be OK holding off till the repairs are complete, but if someone were to get things figured out and enough MotoSeries peeps were attending, not sure if I could stay away.

At least their FB page recently posted said they won't allow motorcycles right now due to the safety of the track. Oddly enough, I rode by there tonight and stopped at the fence to take a look and struck up a conversation with a guy that had been there working on the water system. He has been working with the new owner on things. He told me the OEPA stopped all demo work due to the paint and materials being hauled away.  They were concerned with lead, etc. Most of the demo work is already completed. I understand the bridge needs to come out yet.  Local zoning has rezoned it for Commercial II use now and things are progressing very slowly. The new owner has ambitions to bring the track standards up for Vintage F-1 car racing which means lots of track run off areas have to be created with the correct banking, etc.  They have already been to the site and given the new owner the standards required. The old tires are probably going to be ground and used on site in some way but not in the new payment.  Had a really nice chat with the man. Wished I could have stayed longer and it was getting late. I understand that a total transfer of the property has not officially happened just yet...didn't really understand that part.  Details over the pricing.  Hope I didn't gush too many details for the internet.  Tried to keep it concise. Everyone seems to want this to happen. This is the most this place has been turned on its head in 40 years. The new owner is a car enthusiast for sure with Ferrari's. The barn silo will stay as it could be used for marketing with painting it as an energy drink of something creative. A car club will race there in about 10 days so they have to get it somewhat ready for that.  Thought I'd share...whatever its worth. Come on OEPA!!!

• 1 month later...

I stopped by over the weekend on the way to my parents. Nothing has been done except tearing down the barn in the front. The tech shed, barns, bridge all still stand. There was not any construction equipment on the premises that i could see from the road. Hopefully something didn't fall through. I really want to ride Nelsons again.