need to find a yamaha master tech

serpentracer

21 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

As a professional wrench, your "nitpicking" is more than valid. That's shoddy work and the reason folks don't like paying for service. I appreciate your situation, having needed warranty service, but I'd shove that motorcycle up someone's ass. A Yamaha dealer should never let a Yamaha leave their shop in that condition. Yammies are their speciality. 

It also means he didnt care if it was leaking.  Theres no way anyone would look at those drips off the bolts and feel confident its good to go.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2016 at 6:26 PM, jporter12 said:

If I let a Cadillac out of the shop with residual oil, I have HELL to pay!  

My goal when working on a vehicle is to have it look as it came from the factory, within reason of course.

If I let a 92 Tercel leave the shop in the ghetto I worked in with residual oil, I'd have been shot...

• 11 months later...

I ended up finding an oil leak this winter while installing a new exhaust.  it's an oil pipe from the oil cooler going into the block. cheap fix part is less than $2 (o-ring) however the headers will need to come off and so will the oil cooler which is a radiator on it's own below the coolant radiator.    to say I'm annoyed at cycle specialties in fairfield is an understatement.   now I know it's been a year and all but I barely got to ride last summer due to working so much overtime.  I think I only put about 800 miles on it.   it still doesn't have 5k on it total. this is totally the fault of the recall and sloppy work to get it done faster.  

Edited by serpentracer