Suck it Ohio State.

Tonik

They are announcing in mid year and bashing the program publicly. Surely even in your Tequila induced stupor you can see it crumbling.

I wouldn't say crumbling but they haven't been great this year and the coaching has been lack luster.

Also, the fact that it's so wrong to say what everyone already knows and is thinking is exactly what is wrong with this country these days

• Upvote 1

Speaking of changes and betting on it.  Michigan is now the favorite to win Saturday.

as they should be. It's at home and OSU is coming off a crushing loss.

But a win vs Michigan and a MSU loss to PSU and OSU back doors in to the conference champ game. Win that and they are back in the playoff hunt. What sweet, sweet irony that would be to piss off hundreds of thousands of people :D

Speaking of changes and betting on it.  Michigan is now the favorite to win Saturday.

Perhaps i'm just spiteful, petty, and full of shit, but if I'm Urban, I would seriously consider telling Zeke, "you don't like the play calling, you come talk to ME about it - not the media."  And then I would bench him for their remaining 2 games and wish him luck in the NFL draft. 

Who the hell does he think he is?  I don't care if he's right about the play-calling, throwing coaches under the bus to the media is uncalled for. 

Perhaps i'm just spiteful, petty, and full of shit, but if I'm Urban, I would seriously consider telling Zeke, "you don't like the play calling, you come talk to ME about it - not the media."  And then I would bench him for their remaining 2 games and wish him luck in the NFL draft. 

Who the hell does he think he is?  I don't care if he's right about the play-calling, throwing coaches under the bus to the media is uncalled for. 

If Zeke comes out and says he was a dumbass for saying that and he is very sorry, play him.  If not, yea bench him.

You may not like how he went about, but I think Elliot's comments were accurate.  

OSU's offensive approach was not going to win that game.  Meyer is an excellent coach, but that was his worst effort since coming to Columbus.  They lost a chance at a national championship without a chance to give their best effort.  Of course the players are frustrated. 

You may not like how he went about, but I think Elliot's comments were accurate.  

OSU's offensive approach was not going to win that game.  Meyer is an excellent coach, but that was his worst effort since coming to Columbus.  They lost a chance at a national championship without a chance to give their best effort.  Of course the players are frustrated. 

This team "for whatever reason" would get murdered in the playoffs......period.

If Zeke comes out and says he was a dumbass for saying that and he is very sorry, play him. If not, yea bench him.

Pfft. Yeah, maybe in the pros you fine him. Hard to do in the "amateur" cfb world. Anybody notice how the natives are getting restless in cfb? See Missouri, Northwestern, etc. I have no issue with a player calling out a coaching staff for incompetence when those guys are pulling 7 figure coin to coach "student athletes."

I have no issue with a player calling out a coaching staff for incompetence when those guys are pulling 7 figure coin to coach "student athletes."

Agreed.  The players may be amateurs but Meyer is a professional coach making over $6 million/year.  After that performance he earned some criticism.

Not to mentioned when the season started OSU had 3 QBs with impressive college resumes.  Now the coaching staff is very timid throwing the ball.  That is not an elite coaching effort.  

you got your wish, Zeke apologized

I didn't wish for it, I just suggested that if someone makes a mistake and they make a heartfelt apology you should give them another chance. Or rip their head off and shit down their throat. Either is fine by me.

No argument - but it's stupid and shitty to publicly bash your coach.   Did he think it needed to be said?  No one who watched that game needed to be made aware of the poor coaching decisions.

• Upvote 1

if you shit-talked your boss, even if you were right, how would that go for you?

Bench the idiot and tell him he can put his sorrys in a sack.

I think you and I are going to have to accept that there is no saving Brian from his wrongness on this topic

You sat on the bench, didn't contribute much and bitched about the coach?

Exactly the opposite on the first two. Only sometimes on the last and that was baseball related. My basketball coach was the best

What Meyer is "not doing" is throwing his coaches under the bus, you can bet your ass he knows where the issues are and where they have been honestly all season. He hired people to do their job, and he has allowed them to do their job, but now it is obvious there are some people not in the right roles for managing all that talent. Meyer literally said yesterday that he will be "much more involved" with the play calling and overall running that offense. That tells me.......he is taking over, and I am betting we will see a different team against that team up North. This team is TIGHT, don't let the media try and convince otherwise.........they are all nothing but trouble makers and pot stirrers.

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to call anyone in this thread out for their opinion...but let's get real for a second and take your OSU fan hat off. You don't publicly call out your coaches...for ANY reason. You handle that internally. And not especially minutes after the game..on Twitter. You don't make it known that you're 'gone' ....while the season is still in progress! That only brings bad publicity to you, your teammates and the program. It's a sign of entitlement and immaturity. The fact that he wasn't benched, even after an apology ...even though he was 100% true...blows my mind. Urban had some of these same issues down in Florida...let's not forget (it's easy to forget when you're winning). Does anyone think Bo or Woody would let Zeke play? Hell, even Harbaugh? He's benched multiple kids on UM's team this year. Some disappeared from the roster COMPLETELY! for most of the season. Ty Isaac has only JUST reappeared. Derrick Green has barely seen any action and didn't even make it to the PSU game. He handled it all internally and told the press to pound salt when they asked. The fact that not one, but several OSU players felt it was OK to take to Twitter like that should tell everyone that there's something not quite right in that locker room. 

There's a time and place to have those discussions about your future. Right after your first loss of the season, on a public forum, and publicly calling your coaches out isn't the way to do it. It's not the way anyone else does it.