Religion of Peace?

Tpoppa

So I was reading up on Islam.  Some of what I found is not what you'd expect from a religious text.  

According to the writings of Islam, the prophet Muhammed was a warlord, a killer, and a rapist.  He ordered mass killings and kept slaves including sex slaves.  Where are these obscure writings you ask?  Well they're right in the Quran.  There are stories of atrocities, and other things that could only be described as criminal even during times of war.

Now, I don't claim to be an expert on Islam and haven't read the entire Quran, so can someone tell me how this is a religion of peace?

(There are plenty of other sources if you don't like this one.)

Christianity contains and in most cases endorses all of those things. Killing entire tribes, their animals and salting the earth so nothing will grow, legitimizing rape through marriage, slavery, it's all the same.

You must realize that in the time these books were written women and children were basically property. War was how everything was dealt with and shit was basically all fucked up. That's the bronze age for ya.

With all the islamaphobia on here it's no wonder Mike ali, bikerboy80 and the malasianinvasion all quit visiting the forum and coming on rides.

Not too sure that any religion is one of peace. They're all more about control of the masses than anything.

Hard to judge Muhammad and others in religion by today's standards. Thing were different back in the day and certainly more barbaric. So his actiopns might not have raised an eyebrow then.

The sooner humans move past religions the better.

• Upvote 3

the crusades were christians taking their land back from the muslims who took it by killing anyone in their way.

The crusaders were European. They invaded the middle east and holy land and basically ransacked it. Then they left and went back to europe....and who brought up the crusades anyway?

The crusaders were European. They invaded the middle east and holy land and basically ransacked it. Then they left and went back to europe....and who brought up the crusades anyway?

Saudi Arabia and Turkey were christian nations long before  Islamist's killed everyone who wouldn't submit to the Allah and his pedophile prophet.

You could not be more wrong about the crusades.

Islam had taken over North Africa and was creeping into Europe with the same tactics used today by Muslims. Christianity had been the dominant religion in all of western Middle East and North Africa. The barbaric tactics used by Muslims rallied Europe and they pushed it back south and east of the Mediteranion. This was the beginning of the rise of European power and the Islamic states basically pushed the pause button for the last 1000 years. Do you think they live in such turmoil because of someone else, or could it be their ideology that has kept them 500 years behind the rest of the world?

Don't get me wrong, all religion has blood, racism, slavery in their past, and I have no use for any of the illogical nonsense.

The major difference is Christianity has moved past the 5th century and continues to evolve were Islam has not. The two cultures are not in any way compatible with each other, especially the laws in which they live.

I also see you have started throwing the islamophobia phase around... Are you saying that fundamentally disagreeing with an ideology is something one can not do without being branded? If that is case, you are the intolerant fuck.

• Upvote 1

Christianity contains and in most cases endorses all of those things. Killing entire tribes, their animals and salting the earth so nothing will grow, legitimizing rape through marriage, slavery, it's all the same.

You must realize that in the time these books were written women and children were basically property. War was how everything was dealt with and shit was basically all fucked up. That's the bronze age for ya.

With all the islamaphobia on here it's no wonder Mike ali, bikerboy80 and the malasianinvasion all quit visiting the forum and coming on rides.

Overall a pretty poorly thought out post.  You obviously have a bone to pick with Christianity.  It's easy enough to poke holes in every religion.   But you should be smart enough to understand that not all religions are created equal.  Some ideologies are more harmful than others.  For your knowledge, no I am not a Christian.

NO.  The Bible does not legitimize rape or sex slaves.  There are stories of war and killing in the Bible, but they are not carried out the most recognizable religious figure, nor the #1 prophet.  That is a MAJOR difference that you seem happy to ignore.  Yes, there have been harmful acts carried out under the name of every religion.  But we aren't talking about some insignificant religious figure, we are talking about the life of Muhammed, the man so perfect in Islam to depict his image means death.  The model for Islamic men.  

I am not interested on Bronze Age carnage nor the Crusades.  They are irrelevant.  I am interested in today.

Muhammed believed it was OK to rape women of his enemies.  Do modern Islamists do that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/middleeast/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape.html?_r=0

Muhammed kept sex slaves.  Do modern Islamists do that?

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/10/23/isis-rapes-women-toward-allah/ 

Muhummad ordered & participated in beheadings.  Do modern Islamists do that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIL_beheading_incidents

I could go on.  Certainly the majority of Muslims don't carry out these acts, but some do.  And they claim to be following the way of the prophet...and they are.

How many Christians do you know that, in 2015, claim to be following teachings to commit Bronze Age violence?

Not too sure that any religion is one of peace. They're all more about control of the masses than anything.

Hard to judge Muhammad and others in religion by today's standards. Thing were different back in the day and certainly more barbaric. So his actiopns might not have raised an eyebrow then.

The sooner humans move past religions the better.

ALL OF THIS!!!!

I also see you have started throwing the islamophobia phase around... Are you saying that fundamentally disagreeing with an ideology is something one can not do without being branded? If that is case, you are the intolerant fuck.

ALSO ALL OF THIS.

Seriously why is the new thing if you disagree with the ways of whatever the new en vogue thing people are supposed to be tolerant about that you're immediately racist/bigot/phobic?

• Upvote 1

The 2 biggest attacks on US soil were Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

we could go through history books and find plenty more terrorists acts and wars carried out in the name of christianity for weeks.   might I remind you of a nice christian man named Adolf Hitler..

Edited by serpentracer

Oh christ, don't disagree with the biggots in a biggoted post. Fuck the lot of you.

Is that because when you are beat you're beat and have to resort to just throwing people in to a stereotype? More pot calling kettle black no?
  • Upvote 1

we could go through history books and find plenty more terrorists acts and wars carried out in the name of christianity for weeks.   might I remind you of a nice christian man named Adolf Hitler..

Hitler was agnostic at best. Possibly indifferent to Christianity. Most historians believe he was extremely hostile to Christianity.

Hitlers religion was the German State.

You said American soil.  Hitler never attacked American soil.  Feel free to keep grasping at straws though.  

btw, none of Hitler's actions were motivated by Christianity.  He was a madman that was preoccupied with creating the Aryan race.  

Edited by Tpoppa