SOLD - 2008 Kawasaki ZX14 - Atomic Silver - Dayton area

Helmutt

Time for me to pass this guided missle onto someone who will enjoy what it can do -- I'm longing for more creature comforts, electronics, shaft drive, and a more upright seated sport tourer. I've thoroughly enjoyed this bike, bought it early '09 and I'm the 2nd owner. I've put close to 20k miles on it without a mechanical hiccup one. It's been a great machine, so it's a bitter sweet sale but I'm ready to slow down a bit.

There's absolutely NOTHING mechanically wrong with this motorcycle, it's fully functional and ready to ride. The bike has NEVER been down or dropped. Expect to see just a bit of normal wear on the front and underside of the belly pan from the front tire throwing road debris. Nothing out of the ordinary for an almost 8 yr old bike.

I will disclose a couple of blemishes though, a small chunk in the front fender from a piece of metal striking the bike on the interstate. It broke the right side fairing too, but I replaced it with a new OEM panel. The fender wasn't replaced since I'd planned on upfitting a smaller ZX10 fender to improve cooling, but the Engine Ice coolant does a fine job of that. Also, a long scratch from the previous owner getting hasty on a trackday tape job. I'll nab pics of these when I get home from TN.

2008 Kawasaki ZX14 -- Atomic Silver

24,XXX miles ( still being ridden occasionally )

Brock's Performance StreetMeg full stainless exhaust system

Power Commander 3 - loaded with Brock's Street/Drag maps

GPR v4 steering damper

BMC washable air filter

Muzzy adjustable lowering links

Speed rear fender elim kit

EBC HH sintered brakepads

Tiger Racing LSR aluminum chainguard

Cox Radiator guard

ProBolt USA predrilled stainless caliper mount hardware

ProBolt USA predrilled aluminum oil fill cap

ProBolt USA titanium mounting hardware for all hand controls

Zero Gravity double bubble dark smoke windscreen

CRG style shorty levers - anodized blue ( not pictured )

Buell chrome drop pegs - 1.25" lower than stock

Michelin PR3 front tire -- like new with just 500 miles on it

Dunlop Roadsmart2 rear tire -- plenty of life left - 2k miles on it

Included with sale...

( 3 ) sets of wheels ( all including cush hubs/bearings/spacers ) -- 1 set each of silver, black, and gold

( 1 ) set of Dunlop Q2's with just 2 trackdays on them -- currently mounted on the black wheelset

( 1 ) new/unmounted rear Dunlop Q3 - 190/55-17

Electronic factory service manual on flash drive

Galfer Braided SS front/rear brake line kits -- new/uninstalled

Militant Moto "Barrier Bars" frame slider kit ( Black ) -- new/uninstalled ( not pictured )

Stompgrip kit - new/uninstalled

Roaring Toyz ZX14 etched mirror blockoffs

Stock header and left side silencer ( gifted the right side to a friend to fix his bike - not pictured )

Spare stock kickstand

Stock oil fill cap

Stock pegs

Stock brake/clutch levers

Stock rear fender

Stock windscreen

Stock chainguard ( not pictured )

Spare sprocket set ( not pictured )

Coolant flushed and filled this spring with Engine Ice

Fresh sparkplugs this spring.

Will be given a fresh oil change here soon in case it doesn't sell before winter sets in ( I never store it without fresh oil change )

$7000 firm for EVERYTHING -- ( OhioRiders good-buddy-deal $6500 )

Clean and clear title in hand.

No trades.

No test rides without cash in hand, but I guarantee this bike runs/shifts/rides great.

Pm me, or call/text Nine37-Four17-78eleven

post-13733-0-28181400-1445615569_thumb.j

with the black wheelset mounted

post-13733-0-58142500-1445615587_thumb.j

Most of the included goodies

post-13733-0-20387800-1445987992_thumb.j

post-13733-0-32237900-1445987900_thumb.jpost-13733-0-43782400-1445987964_thumb.j

Here's the nick in the fender. Minuscule, I know, but I want to be up front with potential buyers.

post-13733-0-80329500-1445981700_thumb.j

Here's the scratch at the tail lamp, should easily buff out but I've just never done it since it's not very noticeable.

post-13733-0-56221500-1445982764_thumb.j

Edited by Hellmutt

You going with a Connie?

I looked long and hard at the C14, but I'm really drawn to that Bavarian boxer twin. It's considerably lighter, and cant deny the electronics. Plus I can drop the panniers to sneak in a trackday should my SMC not fulfill my speed addiction on the bigger road courses.

Probably 7500 for me.

Not at all sir, we buddies - some stern ribbing now and then doesn't mean I'm hating your hateful self :D

Are you going to pull the trigger on a R1200RS?

Most definitely. A years worth of researching my next bike has finally wittled my decision down to it. I'm dead set on it - just need to move a horse out of the stable to make room for one

Most definitely. A years worth of researching my next bike has finally wittled my decision down to it. I'm dead set on it - just need to move a horse out of the stable to make room for one

It's a great looking bike.  My neighbor has a newer RT and he loves it.

093014-2015-bmw-r1200rs-P90163604_highRe

Do yourself a favor and check out the Super Tenere as well. Might save you a pretty good wad of cash for a very similar bike. I'll even let you take mine for a spin if you'd like.

Edited by ScubaCinci
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, Tpoppa, I looked at the RT but it's right in line with the C14 size wise, and at this point in my life I'm just not ready to give up as much of the sport in my next sport tourer.

Scuba, I looked at the Tenere and XR but they were a bit more adventure than I'm after. Sure, the pricetag is higher on the RS but it's suiting my palette with all that I want in my next bike. After surfing the web for this long, there isn't much I've not considered. Thanks for the offer on the free spin too

Edited by Hellmutt

Yeah, Tpoppa, I looked at the RT but it's right in line with the C14 size wise, and at this point in my life I'm just not ready to give up as much of the sport in my next sport tourer.

I'd own an RS.  I definitely prefer it over the RT.  It takes some getting used to the feel of the BMW Boxer, but once you do it's a really good power plant.

Scuba, I looked at the Tenere and XR but they were a bit more adventure than I'm after. Sure, the pricetag is higher on the RS but it's suiting my palette with all that I want in my next bike. After surfing the web for this long, there isn't much I've not considered. Thanks for the offer on the free spin too

Ah...mentally I read "RS" as "GS"

I'd own an RS.  I definitely prefer it over the RT.  It takes some getting used to the feel of the BMW Boxer, but once you do it's a really good power plant.

Hard to argue with the boxer's pedigree. Definitely tried and true design. I'm assuming the ride by wire throttle will be an adjustment as well.

Ah...mentally I read "RS" as "GS"

Ok, now that makes more sense to me. Wondered about ya when you mentioned the RS and Tenere were similar.

Does it come with boots in colors to match the sets of rims?

You buy the bike, and I'll gladly aerosol overhaul some shiny new DollarGeneral flipflops in matching colors.

In all seriousness, it simply worked out that I got a set of each color relatively cheap. I wanted all black wheels, but the deal was too good on the golds

Edited by Hellmutt

Give the new Suzuki V-Strom 1000 a look at all? The new Kawasaki Versys 1000 is also very nice as well, both of these bikes are plenty "sporty" and can be outfitted to be extremely comfy and versatile.

I did, just a glance though. Not a big adventure bike fan, I like a bit more wind protection and fancy electrogadgetry.

I'm pretty much just waiting for this bike to sell so I can toss that coin down on the RS

Had my next choices narrowed down to a Touring Boxer or a F6B, couple years out from that though. Although the recent changes I've made to the C14 has made me fall on love with her all over again.

Edited by 2talltim

I thought I was ready to get a C14 the last few years, swore that was my next ride. Just the weight and being the same I4 engine I've ridden since I was a teen have swayed me. The KTM SMC was my first non-jap bike ever, and the German mfg build quality has my interest piqued. Never ridden a BMW, but always had my eye on a model or 2 of theirs since the K13 came about. I'm ready for a classy upgrade, and my first NEW bike

I eye balled more than a few of the k1200 and 1300s for that matter be for I got the Sprint. Super nice bikes I'll be very envious of you.

Hellmutt's bike is super clean folks some one snatch it up. Glws lbts.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Lee. There was a nice Trophy SE and a bagged Sprint at the BMW dealer in Hilliard - both were nice rides, but my heart and head are made up on this...

post-13733-0-61147000-1445647102_thumb.j

Edited by Hellmutt

Damn!!!! Drool factor is high on that beast.

^^^This!

Given all the extras included and your bad case of maintenance meticulosis, someone will be getting one hellava deal on your ZX.  

GLWS Hellmutt....

• Upvote 1