Issue 3 - MJ Legalization

bloodninja420

I want to see it legal in Ohio, but I didn't like the way it was going to be set up.  I don't like monopolies. 

A few get richer and richer and we all pay out the nose to them.

I think the reason #2 passed & #3 went down was exactly for that reason.

Also, if they are going to make it legal, then they need a few restrictions in place just like for alcohol.

Yeah, many many years ago, I can remember driving buzzed on mj......unlike booze, I wasn’t speeding down the road , but found myself doing the min 50 in a 70 zone.  Today, I wouldn't drive/ride buzzed on either.

Edited by myhondas

I thought the people who payed to get this on the ballot went about it the hard way.Don't put the monopoly clause in the bill.If they wanted a monopoly why didn't they do it the old fashioned way...get the law passed and then pay off a few politicians.It's been working for centuries.

I thought the people who payed to get this on the ballot went about it the hard way.Don't put the monopoly clause in the bill.If they wanted a monopoly why didn't they do it the old fashioned way...get the law passed and then pay off a few politicians.It's been working for centuries.

Edited by drc32-0

Security issue for sure... there will be lots of green cash on site. 

there is a company in CO that deals almost exclusively in marihuana dispensary security compliance.    From what I gathered from an article about them, other security firms where shying away from installing compliant systems (i.e. certain camera angles are legally mandated), so they took the ball and ran with it.  Now they are a multi-million dollar company (started with 2 employees and a few hundred bucks) and widely considered as THE cannabis security authority in CO.  Other states have approached the security company asking what they should require in their jurisdictions. 

^^^^I hate posting here with my phone.

Double post from a hang? Its not the phone or Caspers board software....its tje place he is hosting it at. They blow dead goats. He knows this, it is on his to do list.

Somebody needs to smoke a bowl and chill. Before I get "Fuck you too!" I voted for #3 gambling that the monopoly provision would fall apart on the back end.

Fuck you people an your monopoly bullshit.

Name me 10 different cell phone providers you can do business with.

Name me 10 different hospital companies in your area you can do business with.

10 different cable companies.

10 different gas station companies.

10 different grocery store chains.

10 different Ohio motorcycle message boards.

You don't have 10 different choices on anything, you don't even have 10 choices of which finger you are going to stick up your own asses since two of them are thumbs.

Golden opportunity gone. Who the hell you think is going to spend a boatload of money to get 400K signatures on a ballot issue now? The pot head hippies?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

You don't have 10 different choices on anything, you don't even have 10 choices of which finger you are going to stick up your own asses since two of them are thumbs.

Golden opportunity gone. Who the hell you think is going to spend a boatload of money to get 400K signatures on a ballot issue now?  The pot head hippies? 

I get what you are saying but think of it this way.  If after prohibition was repealed they had only allowed 10 companies to make alcohol/beer in the US would that have flown?  No, and even if it had passed it would have just led to a continued underground.  Which the whole point of these kind of laws is to seriously disrupt due to its criminal nature.  I thought competition was good???  If after a few years they have consolidated to 10 profitable businesses so be it but to start it from the get go with a max that rubs people the wrong way. 

Golden opportunity gone. Who the hell you think is going to spend a boatload of money to get 400K signatures on a ballot issue now?  The pot head hippies? 

That's not the point - the point is that there is nothing in the Ohio constitution that prevents me from starting a cell phone company tomorrow to compete against the 'big 3' or whatever they are.

These people are trying to enter the market with a law that prevents any competition.  That's shitty.

• Upvote 3

Not that I give a fuck. I can't touch the stuff until it's legal at the national level.

Ditto, and yet I share Tonik's incredulity. Why someone like IP would vote to keep their harmless-to-others activities illegal based on a purity argument is beyond me.

I voted for Issue 3 purely because i knew it was going to fail, but I wanted it to appear close®.

The monopoly language divided people who support legalized marihuana into two camps:  Those who didn't care about the monopoly, and those who actually wanted good legislation that provides real liberty.   As I posted previously, I had numerous friends and acquaintances post FB messages about voting "no on 3" despite the fact that they support legalized marihuana.

It would have been a close vote even without that division of their support-base.  The monopoly was fatal.

I voted for Issue 3 purely because i knew it was going to fail, but I wanted it to appear close®.

The monopoly language divided people who support legalized marihuana into two camps: Those who didn't care about the monopoly, and those who actually wanted good legislation that provides real liberty. As I posted previously, I had numerous friends and acquaintances post FB messages about voting "no on 3" despite the fact that they support legalized marihuana.

It would have been a close vote even without that division of their support-base. The monopoly was fatal.

I just wanna punch you in the head every time I read "marihuana"...no offense and shit I guess

I also have a problem with authority. I don't like other people telling me I can't grow, smoke, sell, trade, etc. GTFOutta here with your bullshit legislation. Full legalization, or fuck off. Call it how you see it, but I see it as a slap in the face and it's offensive.

It's possible that emotionally, MJ is more valuable to you as an illegal activity than as a legitimate one.  You crazy rebel you.

About a month ago I realized it wasn't going to pass.  The part that bums me out is that I was going to make a real effort into opening a dispensary.  I was on the waiting list since day 1 for detail on the retail license...had investors lined up...was going to meet with local gov't etc.  

No, he is just stoned as fuck.

[Chuckle]

About a month ago I realized it wasn't going to pass.  The part that bums me out is that I was going to make a real effort into opening a dispensary.  I was on the waiting list since day 1 for detail on the retail license...had investors lined up...was going to meet with local gov't etc.  

Sorry man.  Maybe you will take comfort knowing that others elsewhere will profit from Ohio purist's illegitimate consumption.

Sorry man.  Maybe you will take comfort knowing that others elsewhere will profit from Ohio purist's illegitimate consumption.

I know someone who tried to purchase an existing dispensary in CO.  I have some insight into the amount of cash involved...it got me interested.