Issue 3 - MJ Legalization

bloodninja420

Sounds like it may have passed. Ultra ultra low turn out. I've heard as high as 32% and as low as 18%. No news on it at all. WTAM interviewed a couple people leaving polls. But that's been it. Remember no news is good news.

Early results don't seem to indicate there will be legal grass anytime soon.

There's a part of me that hopes that's exactly what will happen tonight, so that the constitutional purists who helped to cast doubt on #3 can feel smug about another decade of wasted taxpayer money spent on BS enforcement and imprisonment.

So Issue 3 failed, Issue 2 passed.

Now what?

I'm thinking the cartel angle is one of the reasons 3 failed and 2 passed.

The legalization people are still there and bound to make another attempt.

How do you think they will structure it?

Medical first?

General decriminalization?

Your thoughts?

Hopefully, by the grace of God who put marijuana on this planet who our republican representatives in the state house claim to represent us claim to worship to, there will be a legislature led amendment for medical marijuana, Shit 90% of Ohio wants it legalized medically. But our legislators don't listen. So when November 2016 starts to approach I will scream at the top of my lungs to vote all these conservatives fucks out of office, if there is not a medical issue to vote on.

Edited by zx3vfr

My take is the way 3 was written is why it failed.  So if the folks that draft the next version without the created oligopoly I think it would pass.  Hell CO was voting on what to do with all the extra tax revenue this year.  What a terrible problem to have.

So Issue 3 failed, Issue 2 passed.

Now what?

I'm thinking the cartel angle is one of the reasons 3 failed and 2 passed.

The legalization people are still there and bound to make another attempt.

How do you think they will structure it?

Medical first?

General decriminalization?

Your thoughts?

I think their approach was inherently intelligent, but the "monopoly" policy is a bad one.   I agree that you can't just have any Tom, Dick, or Harry "farming" weed anywhere they want.  Without proper security measures, it's a crime magnet that would or could destroy a neighborhood.   In that respect, I do think that marihuana farming (not growth for personal use) and commercial sale (i.e., you can't sell weed out of your house - again, that's not fair to neighbors) should be something you have to be licensed to do.

...but that license to grow should have clear-cut requirements that are more about zoning and security than anything else.  It definitely shouldn't be limited to 10 companies or 10 grow sites or whatever.

As for licensing sales of weed, same deal - it should require a store-front or mail-order process with certain security requirements that reduces the likelihood of drawing crime into residential areas. 

I am fine with people growing weed in their basement and selling it online or at their licensed distribution center.  It SHOULD be a small-business industry, but anything with that much value is going to be subject to security issues.

Edited by redkow97

I am fine with people growing weed in their basement and selling it online or at their licensed distribution center.  It SHOULD be a small-business industry, but anything with that much value is going to be subject to security issues.

Security issue for sure... there will be lots of green cash on site. 

Point is moot now. Unsubscribing - all the navel gazing in the world won't legalize MJ in Ohio for another couple admin cycles. I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, but other states will go before us now.

With the passing of issue 2 and the two to one failure of issue 3 it is pretty obvious that the monopoly clause killed issue 3.This not rocket science...take out the monopoly b.s.,study California,Colorado,A-day and anywhere else it's legal and craft a reasonable free market bill and the election return numbers will be reversed.

Hopefully, by the grace of God who put marijuana on this planet who our republican representatives in the state house claim to represent us claim to worship to, there will be a legislature led amendment for medical marijuana, Shit 90% of Ohio wants it legalized medically. But our legislators don't listen. So when November 2016 starts to approach I will scream at the top of my lungs to vote all these conservatives fucks out of office, if there is not a medical issue to vote on.

From the percentages on the two issues it doesn't seem to me to be a conservative or liberal response.

Seems pretty even across the board. The anti-monopoly,  issue 2 was pretty even indicating that was more of an issue the issue 3 itself.

Of course I could be wrong but that is how I'm reading this issues. Nobody wanted a monopoly.