Issue 3 - MJ Legalization

bloodninja420

I've worked infosec, physical sec, risk, development, project management and high-impact system support jobs for much of my career. You adapt to the thanklessness of the job and the long, unpredictable hours & organizational stress, or you find something else to do.

I voted for it in CO.  I liked their setup.  A fixed amount went to schools each year and the rest to the general coffers.  Better schools without me paying a dime more?  Sign me up any day.  The taxpayers were actually due a special refund of taxes because of the amount brought in.  I think I will miss that due to the timing of my leaving.  :mad:

• Upvote 1

Re: thankless help

The new southpark, "Safe Space" With the donation soliciting in whole foods checkout is epic.

clip (before they go overboard)http://southpark.cc.com/clips/lit77f/nothing-for-hungry-kids

episode http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s19e05-safe-space

Edited by motocat12

Are we taking bets on whether this will pass?

Right now I'm betting "no."  I am just seeing far too much anecdotal opposition on social media.  Not opposition to legalized marihuana, but opposition to the 'monopoly' amendment to the OH constitution.  I'm seeing/hearing this from people who I know to be supporters (in some case users) of marihuana.

If the pro-pot people can't all get behind this, I think it will be soundly defeated.

Are we taking bets on whether this will pass?

Right now I'm betting "no." I am just seeing far too much anecdotal opposition on social media. Not opposition to legalized marihuana, but opposition to the 'monopoly' amendment to the OH constitution. I'm seeing/hearing this from people who I know to be supporters (in some case users) of marihuana.

If the pro-pot people can't all get behind this, I think it will be soundly defeated.

That's my reading of the tea leaves as well. If people sympathetic to Marijuana use aren't aligned behind this, it is going to go down in flames. Or up in smoke.

Which is a shame, because we probably won't get legal MJ in the next decade via the legislative process. Ohio just isn't the same demographically as CO, CA, OR, etc. Our baby boomer voters skew conservative, whereas those states skew ex-hippie.

So did the President. Doesn't keep him from jailing offenders. Do as I say... Not as I do.

Ok, so I hate Obama as much as any other other President but give the Commie Muslim illegal alien credit. He told the Justice Department to lay off States that legalize it and told the DEA to lay off everyone. That's about all he can do in his situation since he doesn't control Congress.

Edited by Tonik

Ok, so I hate Obama as much as any other other President but give the Commie Muslim illegal alien credit. He told the Justice Department to lay off States that legalize it and told the DEA to lay off everyone. That's about all he can do in his situation since he doesn't control Congress.

True story.

Our baby boomer voters skew conservative, whereas those states skew ex-hippie.

I think your analysis is correct, but people's interpretation of "conservatism" is all kinds of jacked-up in the United States.  To me, there are few ideas more conservative than the notion that the government has no place in preventing you from growing, smoking, or ingesting a damn plant.  Conversely, there are few ideas more liberal than the notion that the government knows better than you, and should have the authority to tell you you can't smoke, grow, or ingest said plant.

A large portion of the population uses "conservative" and "republican" interchangeably, and they're not equivalent terms at all.