Let's see your trailer setups

mango_sv

So I'm looking at enclosed trailers for my end of October Tennessee trip and want some input/visuals. I was thinking 6x12, but was wondering if that would be enough trailer for 4 bikes. I have currently found a 7x12 tandem axle for $3100 that has E track already on the floor. So let's see your setup and hear what you have learned.

6x12 will not be enough for 4 bikes.. i rock a 6x10 (ill see if i can find a pic.) and i can  barely fit 3 bikes in it 2 is ideal.  when doing 2 bikes i have 2 Pitbull TRS , that eliminates space for a chock or  the straps taking up center or side space...  when doing 3... i put 1 bike in the v front  on a chock..  the other 2 bikes   reversed TRS so the bikes site further back

6x12 will not be enough for 4 bikes.. i rock a 6x10 (ill see if i can find a pic.) and i can barely fit 3 bikes in it 2 is ideal. when doing 2 bikes i have 2 Pitbull TRS , that eliminates space for a chock or the straps taking up center or side space... when doing 3... i put 1 bike in the v front on a chock.. the other 2 bikes reversed TRS so the bikes site further back

Think the 7x12 will be better? It is a V nose. most of the time it will be 2 bikes, maybe a 3rd, and rarely a 4th.

7x12 specs

Used 2015 United Trailers XLV 7’x12′ V-Nose Enclosed Cargo

$ 3100.00

MODEL-XLV-712TA35-8.5-S

SHIPPING WEIGHT 1880#

GVWR 7000#

6′ STANDARD HEIGHT

2-3500# ELEC BRAKE SPRING AXLE

4-ST205/75D-15C TIRES

4-WHITE SPOKE WHEELS

7-WAY MOULDED PLUG

BREAKAWAY KIT W/CHARGER

FOOT PAD ON STANDARD SIDE CRANK TONGUE JACK

2 5/16″ COUPLER

SAFETY CHAIN

TONGUE – STANDARD 2-TUBE

24″ V-NOSE FOR FLAT TOP

CROSSMEMBERS 24″ ON CENTER

1 PR FOLD DOWN STABILIZER JACKS

ROOF BOWS 24″ ON CENTER

TUBE 4″ TUBE FRAME

WALL 24″ ON CENTER SIDE WALL POSTS

1 PR SIDEWALL VENTS

FLOORING – TOLKO 3/4″ SQUARE EDGE T-GRADE OSB

E-TRACK ON FLOOR

3/8″ PLYWOOD WALL LINER

1-12V DOME LIGHT

1 PAIR LED TAIL SURFACE MOUNT LIGHTS

1 SET SURFACE MOUNT CLEARANCE LIGHTS

1-12V WALL SWITCH

.030 SMOOTH ALUMINUM EXTERIOR

24″ ATP STONE GUARD

2 – 9 3/4 TANDEM ALUMINUM FENDERS

LUAUN STRIP DOWN CENTER OF ROOF 24″

GALVALUME ROOF

SCREWED EXTERIOR

RAMP DOOR W/SPRING

32″X64″ RV SIDE DOOR

WHITE

d411e9688d52604e8c071161ff405bba.jpg8ae28528d810417e3f9e89512949cf8f.jpg

I have a single axle 7x14 v-nose and there's no way I could get 4 bikes in it doing a 2 x 2 setup.  I have e-track on the floor and along the lower walls with stand hangers on the walls (helps remove some clutter from the floor and makes room for other stuff).  Pitbull TRS' are installed on the floor near the rear for 2 bikes. 

Yeah, I would say that depending on the size of the bikes, the minimum would be a 7 x 16 v nose....but more than likely, you are going to find yourself with a 7 x 20 tandem axle.  I have a 6 x 12 v nose and I can only get two bikes in it. here is just one in it.....

I have to put one on the left front and the other on the right rear. Course, mine all all street cruisers.

scan0139.jpg

MVC-302L.jpg

Edited by myhondas

Thanks bowdog, we just recently started dirt riding again, so the only place we've been so far is down in Senacaville, OH.  Our friends have a permanent campsite down at Buffalo Hills Resort and they have over 300 acres of riding trails in the campground. It isn't anything too crazy but we have a lot of fun and there's a bunch of trails that our 9 yr. old son can maneuver nicely on with his new side by side.  One day I hope to get down to Hatfield/McCoy to ride.

Awesome, I plan to do a Hatfield/McCoy trip myself soon...Look us up sometime at Wayne National forest, I have my rig parked at Williams campground for at least another couple of weeks. Big mud bog and Halloween bash happening the weekend of October 30th down there and plenty of trail riding available.

• 2 weeks later...