motocat12

Today(or recently) in Weird News Thread.

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

I totally don't condone any one being made fun of on any level but when parents give their kids these "unique names" do they ever stop to think that at some point in that kids life someone is going to judge them on their name or make fun of it? Especially with these kids now days and all the bullying.

What a dumb name holy shit.

At least Kanye and Kim Kardashian used a word that's actually in the dictionary. 

On 10/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, Casper said:

On 10/4/2018 at 3:37 PM, MidgetTodd said:

I don’t understand how that’s even possible. Even from a foreigner

On 10/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Casper said:

A whole lot of stupidity. Hopefully that person never drives a semi again. 

You cant take some filthy, half retarded dick weed from a 3rd world mud hut and put him in a semi and expect good results. These Somali dirt farmers are driving semi‘s all over the country now. Instead of laughing, you should be scared. You’re on the road with them. One of them killed two children from Canal Winchester if you years back after running over the parents car and it turned out he didn’t even have a license. 

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/young-girl-dies-sister-not-expected-to-survive-car-crash

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I totally don't condone any one being made fun of on any level but when parents give their kids these "unique names" do they ever stop to think that at some point in that kids life someone is going to judge them on their name or make fun of it? Especially with these kids now days and all the bullying.

No one wants their kid to get made fun of...but you know what?  Kids need to face disappointment and adversity in increasing levels before they reach adult age and have to face real problems in the real world.  It creates real-life, useful coping skills.

If they don't you tend to get fragile, unsure, young adults that crumble when thing don't go their....well, you get millennials.  

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

No one wants their kid to get made fun of...but you know what?  Kids need to face disappointment and adversity in increasing levels before they reach adult age and have to face real problems in the real world.  It creates real-life, useful coping skills.

If they don't you tend to get fragile, unsure, young adults that crumble when thing don't go their....well, you get millennials.  

just pray she doesn't turn out fat. Abcde

Obesity

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Yea one of the tough love lesson i try to pass on to my kids is that "you are nobody special, if you was respect and or notoriety you need to earn it on your own"

Ive been told by others that i'm going to give my kid a complex by telling them that they aren't special. I do tell them they are special to us just not to the world. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Yea one of the tough love lesson i try to pass on to my kids is that "you are nobody special, if you was respect and or notoriety you need to earn it on your own"

Ive been told by others that i'm going to give my kid a complex by telling them that they aren't special. I do tell them they are special to us just not to the world. 

I think too many parents think it's their job to try to be their kids' best friend.  Being friends is fine, but they'll make friends.  They need parents.  

I think my # 1 job as a parent is to raise capable, well adjusted, young adults.  Life lessons, tough love, dealing with disappointment is all part of that.   

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I think too many parents think it's their job to try to be their kids' best friend.  Being friends is fine, but they'll make friends.  They need parents.  

I think my # 1 job as a parent is to raise capable, well adjusted, young adults.  Life lessons, tough love, dealing with disappointment is all part of that.   

Bingo. My oldest just moved out so I'm going through a tough one right now. And of course I'm the asshole in the situation because I'm trying to tell her how to do things so she doesn't fail. She'll figure it out I guess. Ive done what I can.