Today(or recently) in Weird News Thread.

motocat12

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This could turn into something pretty crazy. 
@Danimal  - recalling our talks down to DG...

Firsthttps://www.yahoo.com/gma/navy-pilot-recalls-encounter-ufo-think-not-world-160503613--abc-news-topstories.html 
Pretty significant revelation from the US government pretty much confirming that they are actively engaged in investigating UFOs, and may have some recovered "objects."

Second

Thirdhttp://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tom-delonge-hints-pentagon-ufo-disclosure-beginning-article-1.3705817
This ties into what DeLonge talks about in the above video and the timeline he mentioned... they appear to be sticking to it, which is both really weird and surprising. When I first saw this interview with Tom DeLonge on Joe Rogan's podcast it seemed pretty likely he was bullshitting but... apparently not all of it? I'm curious if this is something that will fall flat or if we start seeing more information slowly leaked into the public space to "acclimate" people to the idea that we aren't the only thing buzzing around in space. 

Also makes you wonder, if there is a program in place to disclose this to the world in general, how long have they been putting little truths into sci-fi pop culture to get people used to things that may in fact not be far from reality? Not to get all tinfoily or anything. 

I will say the crowdfunding aspect of his business has me wondering if this is one big cash grab by a few people using their former positions within government agencies to shore up trust. This is more likely than anything else, sadly. I guess we'll see. 

Edited by what

42 minutes ago, Danimal said:

it's ok Quinn. I'm used to stupid comments from ignorant people on this subject

Pretty much the response i expected, which is why i added the apology at the end.  ...Lighten up buddy!

28 minutes ago, Danimal said:

you have NO idea the ridicule I have experienced Quinn.

And here, I feel comfortable enough here to go ahead and talk about it....just be be hit with more ignorant comments.

Not a matter of "lightening up"

No ridicule intended.  Ignorance is not causal in this case.  I fully believe, but have not experienced.

21 minutes ago, Danimal said:

if that is the case, then please try to rise above your knee jerk reaction to make fun of or belittle someone who feels open enough to discuss things in a public forum.

It takes an effort to become a better person some times.

I've noticed on here, Dan, that people really cant give you any light-hearted jabs, or playful banter, without you "knee-jerking" with a defensive and attacking response.  This is, again, why i added an apology to the post.  It takes an effort, and a little humility, to see the humor in these responses, and comeback with empathy to the poster's intent, and be a better person sometimes.   Again, I meant no 'belittling'.  Please accept my apology.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.indy100.com/article/sexist-pedal-guitar-pussy-melter-steel-panther-tc-electronic-satchel-8441831 I just found the new name for my bike.

The brand TC Electronic have been forced to pull a 'sexist' guitar pedal that they created in collaboration with a member of the band Steel Panther, following outrage among the musical community.  🤣

When we met up with Steel Panther’s oh-so-humble guitarist, he had only one condition: that the tone be as wet as the ladies on the front row!

With 'Pussy Melter' that’s exactly what you get: a delay tone, which perfectly nails that heavy metal lead tone, whilst simultaneously ensuring that the janitor ain’t going home early!

So if glam rock guitar solos and wet floor signs are your idea of a good time, then 'Pussy Melter' for Flashback Delay is definitely the TonePrint for you!

Edited by motocat12

7 hours ago, motocat12 said:

https://www.indy100.com/article/sexist-pedal-guitar-pussy-melter-steel-panther-tc-electronic-satchel-8441831 I just found the new name for my bike.

The brand TC Electronic have been forced to pull a 'sexist' guitar pedal that they created in collaboration with a member of the band Steel Panther, following outrage among the musical community.  🤣

Fucking manufactured outrage. There are actual problems in the world but no, let's sign petitions because a product we are never going to buy has a name we don't like. Fuck those people and fuck tc for caving in to them.

Same shit happened to a brew pub in my neighborhood. Owner/brewer had a coconut cream ale he called 'pantry dropper' because women loved it. Once he opened his store, people from OTHER STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES started flaming him on Facebook and Twitter. Over a beer they will never drink in a pub they'll never go to. Fucking useless misdirection of anger. 

• Upvote 4