Happy to be alive

GixxerTravis

... why?

She made a stupid mistake in traffic, lol. No need to stalk her personally for it.

I had a close family member hit another car. And it was a pretty bad accident. He passed out while driving.

The other persons attorney hired a PI to see if he would be spending money he didn't have....

I had a close family member hit another car. And it was a pretty bad accident. He passed out while driving.

The other persons attorney hired a PI to see if he would be spending money he didn't have....

Again...  Why....?   I can understand a PI to figure out if false injury/disability claim are made...  But who cares how much the at-fault driver spends on stuff?  I'm clearly missing a huge piece of this puzzle.

Was the PI trying to determine if the at-fault driver had sufficient assets to make it worth suing him...?

Again...  Why....?   I can understand a PI to figure out if false injury/disability claim are made...  But who cares how much the at-fault driver spends on stuff?  I'm clearly missing a huge piece of this puzzle.

Was the PI trying to determine if the at-fault driver had sufficient assets to make it worth suing him...?

Sure.  Think of it this way.  Bill Gates has a few billion in assets but only has 50K in liability insurance when he hits you.  You and your lawyer would want to know what kind of assets Bill has. One way to find that out is to see what they spend money on.  Does he eat at McDonalds or Kitcho's in Japan.  A few bucks for a PI is cheaper and easier than a court fight for subpoenas to find assets, especially if they are being hidden. 

• Upvote 1

Sure.  Think of it this way.  Bill Gates has a few billion in assets but only has 50K in liability insurance when he hits you.  You and your lawyer would want to know what kind of assets Bill has. One way to find that out is to see what they spend money on.  Does he eat at McDonalds or Kitcho's in Japan.  A few bucks for a PI is cheaper and easier than a court fight for subpoenas to find assets, especially if they are being hidden. 

Fair enough. 

I think if you're to the point of oversuing your coverage that you can subpoena bank statements.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can check with my brother if that's a thing.

UPDATE:

I AM HOME!!!

I only have a few more surgeries left to go orthopedic wise, and a series of brain surgeries to go. 

I was life lighted from the scene I had brain hematoma, two brain blood clots, had a stroke, broke off part of my brain stem, collapsed lung, broken ribs, 7 facial fractures, 3 compound fractures, pins and plates in my arm, 4 fractures in my hand, broken shoulder, amputated finger, broken leg in 3 places, broken ankle, pins in my leg, pin in my ankle, ummmm couple other things I don't remember

Thanks for all the support! A lawsuit has been filed, as I have racked up well over half a million dollars in medical bills

• Upvote 3

UPDATE:

I AM HOME!!!

I only have a few more surgeries left to go orthopedic wise, and a series of brain surgeries to go. 

I was life lighted from the scene I had brain hematoma, two brain blood clots, had a stroke, broke off part of my brain stem, collapsed lung, broken ribs, 7 facial fractures, 3 compound fractures, pins and plates in my arm, 4 fractures in my hand, broken shoulder, amputated finger, broken leg in 3 places, broken ankle, pins in my leg, pin in my ankle, ummmm couple other things I don't remember

Thanks for all the support! A lawsuit has been filed, as I have racked up well over half a million dollars in medical bills

:cerealguy2:

Does anyone know how/where to reach out to Shoei helmets??

I want to personally thank them for saving my life

Given the extent of your injuries and your miraculous* survival, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you.  Your story may inspire more folks to wear helmets.  customerservice@shoei.com

Miraculous = the injuries you list should have made survival comedically improbable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had my last surgery finally. I've been feeling very negative about life and everything lately.  I'll never work again.  I'll never drive/ride again.  Not sure where life goes from here.  

I got a couple pictures from the state patrol I'll try to figure out how to post them  

I had my last surgery finally. I've been feeling very negative about life and everything lately.  I'll never work again.  I'll never drive/ride again.  Not sure where life goes from here.  

I got a couple pictures from the state patrol I'll try to figure out how to post them  

I somewhat understand that tunnel.  I was in a darker place than I'm willing to admit leading up to 4-level cervical spine surgery a couple months ago.  But I won't pretend to understand what you're up against.

Edited by smccrory

There is a member (Bkizz) that has an inspiring story involving a Shoei. This was all before my time here. Please find the strength to carry on. Read his stories, they might help you too.

https://www.ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/33223-charity-benefit-for-brian-kinney-quaker-steak-lube-102509/

https://www.ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/74304-shoei-ninja-650r/