Western Ohio meetup for Fall Epic Ride 9/12/2015

Helmutt

Ok folks, let's meet at Competition Accessories around 8:30am before fueling up at the Shell station on the corner of Leffel Ln and S Limestone ( Rt72).

Competition Accessories

343 W Leffel Ln

Springfield, OH 45506

Kickstands up and hitting the eastbound I-70 pipeline @ 9am sharp. Since the new route is based east of Zanesville, I'll move the midway meet point so we're not deviating from the interstate too much, but still giving some southern Ohio and Cbus area riders another collection point to hookup with an OR group. Plus give us westerners a 20-30 minute break off the dreaded slab.

We should be at the secondary meet point just before 10am.

Eastland Shell Mini Mart

2191 South Hamilton Road

Columbus, OH 43232

Plan to head back out about 10:30ish to ensure we reach the Epic Ride meet point in New Concord by 11:30am.

Derek and his better half will be supplying food to grill out there in the lot at the meet spot after the ride. And with the later time of day that this is happening, we plan to eat/chat for a bit there instead of heading for a restaurant before heading west towards home.

Edited by Hellmutt

Yeah, splitting off at 33south is a nice break from I-70. I want to ride this new route when it's dry though. We lost out in May when it started raining the last 1/2-1/3 of it. Hoping the weather stays perfect this time. See ya there Dubie

Rain gear might not b a bad idea actually....doesn't look like our trailer will b complete so I'll b seeing ya at 0715 at comp...dress warm gonna b in the upper 40s at departure.....uuugh....we make it fun though :)

Looking forward to seeing ya again! I may have a buddy of mine from the fire dept coming along...he rides a 1098 and has a few track days under his belt along w a lot of common sense..he will do just fine...sure u all will get along.

Just a forewarning that if Saturday's forecast ( currently 50-55% chance of rain ) doesn't improve by Friday evening ( say less than 40% chance ), the wife and I will most likely bail on this ride. And if it's moved to the rainout date Sunday the 13th, we're definitely out due to a prior engagement. Hoping the weather improves before then

Unfortunately the forecast has moved the rain right into our path of when we will be riding.  

We created a rain date for a reason.  We are going to push the ride back til tomorrow.   Sorry for the last minute notices. I was really trying to get this to go today.  Tomorrow looks more fantastic for better riding anyways. 

For everyone's safety, I don't want anyone getting sick riding in the rain at 55° or crashing. 

Back to original start time Sunday Sept 13, 2015 at 11am. 

Wife and I cant make it Sunday. Not sure that anyone will be going from western Ohio now, so I dont believe the Hamilton Rd Shell station meet point will happen. Anyone planning to wait there, may as well head straight to New Concord