Cycle Shorts to delay a sore posterior?

Wojo72

Right now after I am on the bike for an hour or so I start to get sore.  Some days are worse than others.  At this point I don't want to dump money on a custom seat because I am either going to upgrade the suspension on my bike or trade it off.   Does anybody wear padded cycle shorts for longer rides?   Does it make much of a difference?

I've always had a problem with my tailbone hurting after a while. The saddleman seat solved that for me. I have the track cf. No more butt pain. It wasn't a whole lot more than a couple pairs of nice cycling shorts.

Prolly depends on what your definition of a 'LONG' ride is....

If your talking about 4-6 hours of day riding on a weekend, bicycle shorts are gonna make a difference.

If you're talking riding 350-450 miles a day for multiple days back-to-back, you're gonna need a new seat.

Worst decision I ever made was to ride my CBR1000RR to NC for a 5 day trip on the stock seat.

After 2 days, my azz was so tender I had to ride the CBR like a MX bike, standing up.

Never again....

Edited by Bubba

On long rides, bicycle shorts definitely help a ton. I also have an Alaskan sheep skin on a Russell Day Long seat. Between these 3 items, I can ride all day with minimal stops. Also, some people swear that taking some ibuprofen helps on looking days.

Based on your sig, I assume you're riding an FZ07.  The best--and prolly one of the least expensive--seat mods for Yamaha seats is Eddie (Dirt Road) on the FZ1oa forum.

Had him do my '09 FZ1 seat and it was like sitting on a tub of butter.  Rode the bike to NC on a 6-day 2000 mile trip and never an issue.  My ass was very appreciative!!!

Check him out.  Linky here:  http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117406

Edited by Bubba