Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

2 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Once you figure out the proper line through there, it changes the whole dynamic of the ride. I think lots more folks would have a better ride if they dialed it back a bit and actually examined the corners. It's not as complex as people claim. It has its own rhythm. 

Yep.  If you try to go fast, you'll be slow.  

This year I was just smoothly gliding from one corner to the next.  Very little throttle or brake inputs, unless it was absolutely necessary.  It was MUCH more fun that way.   

24 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Next time I go to DG, it will be during the week. I'll leave the house on Saturday and take two days getting there via two-laners. I'll ride down there from Monday-Thursday and head home Friday and Saturday (or Saturday and Sunday). I'm completely over the fuck show that is Deals Gap on the weekend. I love riding down there, so I have to adjust my scheduled to suit my wants. Those wants include no parades of assholes on $20k bikes that can't fucking ride. 

Enough of that rant. I can say that WV-16 was amazing, as usual. I hadn't been on it since I owned the 748. I forgot how good it really is. I'm all about making several weekends in WV a usual thing. I need @Tpoppa's maps. I need them like @TimTheAzn needs penis. 

Yeah I think starting the trip down there on a Saturday and having Sunday/Monday/Tuesday at the very least to ride the roads when there's no crowd is the way to go. I'd like to do a 2 day trip down starting Saturday, ride a few days, then a 2 day trip back, ideally.

Wife and I plan to arrive Wednesday and leave Saturday morning next year.  This year, Thursday afternoon riding was great right along with Friday, until evening, then it started packing in.  Late Saturday morning, I plan to hold up a line of Harleys from the gap store to the overlook with my truck and trailer.  I'll be sure to mount a GoPro on the tail of my bike to catch the parade in action.  #LikeABawssss

Edited by Hellmutt

Most likely doing Wednesday to Sunday next year. I'll get the group rates setup for Tuesday to Monday for those who want to come early or leave late. The main day I would like everyone to be there would be Thursday. I'm working on something. Should have some more info this week. 

• Upvote 1

Next time I go to DG, it will be during the week. I'll leave the house on Saturday and take two days getting there via two-laners. I'll ride down there from Monday-Thursday and head home Friday and Saturday (or Saturday and Sunday). I'm completely over the fuck show that is Deals Gap on the weekend. I love riding down there, so I have to adjust my scheduled to suit my wants. Those wants include no parades of assholes on $20k bikes that can't fucking ride. 

Enough of that rant. I can say that WV-16 was amazing, as usual. I hadn't been on it since I owned the 748. I forgot how good it really is. I'm all about making several weekends in WV a usual thing. I need @Tpoppa's maps. I need them like @TimTheAzn needs penis. 

You had them in your hands, shoulda went and got your maps and stole dem routes.

@tpoppa how'd you feel Sunday morning? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone.

9 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

@tpoppa how'd you feel Sunday morning? emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone.

9 hours ago, Casper said:

I was wondering the same thing. :lol: 

My buddy that showed up was one of my best friends in high school.  We both joined the Marines just before Desert Storm.  The military and then life took us different directions.  Saturday was the first time I saw him in 25 years.  That was the highlight of my trip...well that and ditching that cop outside of Robbinsville :lol:

We got loaded at the bar at Fontana.  Not sure how much we drank but the bar bill for 2 of us was $140 :dunno:

Sunday morning I was still a little drunk.  I had to chill out for a couple hours before I could ride the Dragon and head home.    

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

We should plan a multi day WV ride for July.  The roads are every bit as good as what's near Deal's Gap, but with less traffic and LEOs.

It'll take 3 days (2 nights) to ride most of the really good roads.  Last time I did a WV trip, I spent 1 night in Harrisonburg, VA (near James Madison University) and 1 night in Buckhannon, WV.  I probably still have that route saved somewhere.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

Home just now. Just over 2600 miles total. Am beat.

China's getting a complete tear down and going over. She deserves it. 

Wow, 2600 miles.  On a chinese 250.  How much of that was offroad Dan?

• Upvote 1

• Tonik unpinned this topic