Ohio Riders Invades Deals Gap 2016

Casper

Was just on 28 between franklin and 129 Saturday.  And they have it all marked up with paint and lines like they are about to do some patching. Especially the section between franklin and US74. I know there a rough spots on these sections of road but every time they patch somthing down there they ruin it. Most of the pavement down there is that nice grippy, almost looks like it has pieces of glass in it pavemnet. But when they patch and redo it they always put down that really black greasy and slick stuff. Plus with patching there are always the messed up trasition between the new and old pavments. If they screw it up it might be the last time this road is truly enjoyable for a while.

Edited by 2talltim

Today is my first day back in the office after being in China and I may have another work trip that may interfere with the gap. I am trying to get out of it but not sure that I can. 

If anyone would want to take my room that I was planning on splitting, it may be available. If not, I may end up footing my half regardless since I already committed the other bed.

3 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

The dome of hate is expanding...

Wait, weren't you the one last year that threatened to give negative rep for weather talk? :rulez:

Ok, you got me on that one.  I just gave myself warning points.

• Upvote 2

Think I have my plans laid out for the most part. I'm leaving Sunday, if the weather looks good ill leave early and 2 lane it all the way to Galax, VA, if the weather is crap I'll leave later and slab there. Staying at the Knights Inn in Galax for two nights, I've stayed here before it is cheap and it is clean. Last time the inn keeper( Indian guy, dot on head type not feathers and teepee type)brought me out a couple of beers when I was chillin on the patio, super nice guy. I'll be exploring the whole Claw of the Dragon area on Monday www.clawofthedragon.com .  Tuesday if the weather is nice I'll be headed down the BRP towards Cherokee, so basically I'll be touring the entire southern half of the BRP, once in Cherokee I'll make my way to Robinsville, if the weather is is crap I'll slab there. Will be staying in Robbinsviile for two nights in a private owned cabin with a friend and will make daily plans from there for Wednesday and Thursday. Probably just stay local and maybe hang out at the Deals Gap area mostly. I'll meet up with ya'll in Fontana on Thursday and wing it from there also. Pending on how hard I ride I might need to spend a few hours at Wheelers one of those days getting a rear tire mounted. My tire is around 50% so I'm not changing it before I leave and it may make the entire trip if I take it easy, but that never happens. I'll be slabbin home early Sunday due to having to work at 3am on Monday.

If anyone thinks they may want to join me I currently could change my single bed into a double for the nights in Galax and there will another bed available in Robbinsville as well would just have to confirm that. Each night would be as cheap as $25pp or lower. If not, I'm used to exploring on my own, I tend to find the best roads when I do that.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

I took Monday off too just because who wants to get stuck in the office for 1 day. (already had tues off to prep).

Is your bike going to be fixed man?  I feel bad for you, a new emotion for me. Very odd.

18 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Is your bike going to be fixed man?  I feel bad for you, a new emotion for me. Very odd.

I just got off the phone with Ducati, they said it ate another stator/rectifier. Those parts are on order. Hoping to pick the bike up Saturday. They were unable to find a root cause which kind of scares me. They said they found some melting wires near the stator and the stator was becoming slightly discolored. Pretty much everything that has to do with that charging system was replaced last time. Including the harness and connectors.

Edited by TimTheAzn

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I just got off the phone with Ducati, they said it ate another stator/rectifier. Those parts are on order. Hoping to pick the bike up Saturday. They were unable to find a root cause which kind of scares me. They said they found some melting wires near the stator and the stator was becoming slightly discolored. Pretty much everything that has to do with that charging system was replaced last time. Including the harness and connectors.

if they keep replacing with stock junk it will keep happening so I'd pitch a bitch if I were you. I'm glad I bit the bullet and paid more to Pauly to replace the VFR electronics with upgraded components

Edited by Bad324

Tim you may want to tell them to check the flywheel. I know the cbr 929 had charging issues and some guys were finding the magnets in the flywheel were screwed up. I know I would not be comfortable with them just replacing what they just did. Especially with the big trip you have planned. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

What do i get out of that?

They take your bike back and give you your money back, minus how much you used it.  How much they subtract is always the difficult part. After it being in for the same problem 3 times you can demand that.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers/Consumer-Tips/Consumer-Tips-Auto/Lemon-Laws

The above assumes you bought it new, just realized you could have bought it used with warranty still available......

Edited by Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

They take your bike back and give you your money back, minus how much you used it.  How much they subtract is always the difficult part. After it being in for the same problem 3 times you can demand that.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers/Consumer-Tips/Consumer-Tips-Auto/Lemon-Laws

The above assumes you bought it new, just realized you could have bought it used with warranty still available......

I bought it well used... warranty has been long gone haha.

1 hour ago, durk said:

Tim you may want to tell them to check the flywheel. I know the cbr 929 had charging issues and some guys were finding the magnets in the flywheel were screwed up. I know I would not be comfortable with them just replacing what they just did. Especially with the big trip you have planned. 

hmm, I bet I'll get charged extra labor for that... maybe I'll give them another call. I want to ask for the "old" parts back as well.

2 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Will someone get a mod in here...oh, nevermind :thefinger:

Seriously. Someone clean up this shit. We do NOT allow threads to go off topic here on Ohio Riders. :lol: 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Semantics. Point was it's not prudent to tell a professional how to do the job he's trained to do that you aren't. If Tim was a mechanic, he'd be fixing it himself. He's put it in the hands of his dealership. Now he needs to allow their process to do its thing. Is it distressing? Yep. Can he do shit about it? Nope. 

It's not semantics, your wording was shit and gave everyone the impression that you are a dumbass.

• Tonik unpinned this topic